PDA

View Full Version : Cobham 717 Interview

DC323
3rd Feb 2013, 08:37
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if there is anyone that can shed some light on the Cobham 717 interviewing process and how many drivers they are looking for of late?

I know that it is psychometric, sim eval and interview. Was hoping to speak to someone who has been through the process or knows the process in regards to the interview? Like what questions were asked and areas they focused on?

I am currently flying the 737NG and have 3,000hrs on type and 6000+ hrs total and really would like to work for this operation as it suits my lifestyle. I really don't want to go in unprepared as this job sincerely means a lot to me right now......

Many thanks,

DC3

pm me if you like...:)

Brutus
25th Mar 2013, 06:42
I have a friend about to be interviewed by Cobham. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kodachrome
25th Mar 2013, 11:08
Could anyone shed some light on what hours Cobham would be looking for to get on the 717? Website was no help.

volare_737
25th Mar 2013, 13:26
Are they interviewing at the moment ?

booskins
25th Mar 2013, 13:27
Are they looking for F/O 717 or DEC ?

How long is this job likely to last ?

Sim ride....In what type of a/c ?

Why would 737NG 3000+ want to go for 717..... Are you an F/O or Captain ?

If there is recruitment for the 717 when will it begin ?

Any info is helpful.....

Cheers

RENURPP
26th Mar 2013, 00:12
Are they looking for F/O 717 or DEC ? F/O's

How long is this job likely to last ? How long is a piece of string, i've been with them for 18yrs

Sim ride....In what type of a/c ? 717

Why would 737NG 3000+ want to go for 717..... Are you an F/O or Captain ? Why wouldn't you? Do you know anything about the 717? Why do you think the 737 is better (a more transportable endorsement of course) To some of us lifestyle is more important than aircraft type in any case.

If there is recruitment for the 717 when will it begin ? most likely and soon.

having said that there may well be 146 recruiting as well, I don't know

2020Balance
26th Mar 2013, 06:19
Hi Renurpp

I spoke with the CIA the other day and they said no recruiting at the moment. Even though QF have bought the five new airframes they haven't said Cobham will operate them however we all know they will, it's just another way of QF screwing one of its contractors. Until they are given the green light they are not spending a cent yet according to the CIA.

When they are given the green light from QF expect about 30 new F/Os off the street. Also they said expect some DECs.

Last course of three on the 146 just got checked to line. Heard another course may be slated for September. However we know that can always change.

booskins
26th Mar 2013, 09:15
Thanks for the info....
Just curious as to crewing situation.. Employment as F/O only, or is there potential for some DEC?

I hear there is a new EBA coming out, so what is the line captain and f/0 pay for the 717 ? If anyone knows?

How about Training / Checking pay ? 717

And how is the working environment ?

Hopefully Cobham will operate the a/c and provide some jobs for potential candidates.

Contract wise, 5 year for QF and what happens after that......717 for more years or new type ?

Thanks for any info

Capn Bloggs
26th Mar 2013, 12:23
Why would 737NG 3000+ want to go for 717.....
It's a better aeroplane. :}

Tenmen
1st Apr 2013, 08:35
Better airplane? Maybe but the sales figures do not bear that out.

Shame about the sleazy management in Adelaide