PDA

View Full Version : Flying N-reg sep with EU lic?

snak
2nd Feb 2013, 14:17
Hi folks!
I'm holder of an Irish CPL-IR, the question is: can I fly any N-reg singles in Europe with my Irish licence (for recreational purpose), or I need the FAA validation?

thanks guys!

snak
3rd Feb 2013, 08:21
nobody knows?

Ellemeet
3rd Feb 2013, 08:28
the answer is .. yes in the country which issued you your license. No for the rest of Europe. Then you need a validation.

custardpsc
3rd Feb 2013, 08:39
is your Irish CPL a JAR licence or a national licence?

If it is a JAR licence perhaps have a look at this, very useful site for such questions, Peter has done quite a bit of research into such matters. If it is an Irish national licence then the answer is 'in ireland only'

License Privileges, Aircraft Registers, Etc (http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/misc-privileges/index.html)

Also - did you mean validation? as in validation of a foreign commercial license? that type of process is often a one off limited period deal, for commercial use. Presume you meant, gain a FAA 61.75 'based on' licence by getting a letter of verification of your irish licence, which will get you private but not commercial privileges in a n reg anywhere. You will need to appear at a US FSDO or find a FAA designated Foreign Pilot Examiner, needs to be done in person.

snak
3rd Feb 2013, 09:28
presume you meant, gain a FAA 61.75 'based on' licence by getting a letter of verification of your irish licence, which will get you private but not commercial privileges in a n reg anywhereYes exactly, because is only for recreational purpose so I don't need the real "native" FAA licence! thank's a lot!

Whopity
3rd Feb 2013, 10:02
s your Irish CPL a JAR licence or a national licence? It makes no difference. FAR-AIM allows you to fly an aircraft in another State using a licence issued by that State. EASA is not a State! So you are restricted to Ireland unless you have an FAA Licence of some sort.

deefer dog
4th Feb 2013, 16:44
and neither does EASA have any sway at ICAO, much to the disappointment of the former.....