PDA

View Full Version : English Language Level 6 - CAA Fee

kevkdg
31st Jan 2013, 21:46
Hi,

I have a completed SRG1199 form stating I am English Language Level 6.

Does anyone know whether the CAA are still waiving their processing fee for this.

As I undertand it they were certifying people for free at the NEC last year?!?

I know it is processed for free if it is submitted with an EASA Licence application, and used to be free if submitted on its own.

I've ignored the current scheme of charges as that does not state whether they are waiving the fee.

Cheers

Kevin

BackPacker
31st Jan 2013, 22:16
As far as I know the registration process is for free. That means after you've done an LPE exam (whatever the method, so it might be the informal-CAA-examiner-level-6 thing, or a full LPE exam at a language institute), the CAA records your level in their database and that's it. Similar to recording a SEP revalidation.

At the next license renewal, whenever that is, your language proficiency will be printed on your license, and the fee you pay is the normal license renewal fee. If you need a specific document from the CAA right now that states your LPE level, you might need to pay though.

The certification process at the NEC last year was something different. A few people (both independent examiners and CAA examiners) donated their free time to hold actual LPE 6 exams. That was a fantastic gesture, well above and beyond the call of duty. However, it might have been a one-off thing.

flybymike
31st Jan 2013, 23:12
Having done several revalidations which certified me as level 6 already, and having been unable to get the CAA to actually confirm to me that this is indeed the case, and because I was not given any form of written proof that I was now level 6 proficient when I finished the NEC "test" as a precaution last year, I next fully expect to be told when I get round to applying for my EASA licence that I am not thus proficient and will have to be re-re-re-retested :ugh:

Whopity
1st Feb 2013, 10:42
From ORS 5-269 Scheme of Charges:

3.13 Language Proficiency (LP) Level Assessment – Licence Endorsement Amendment
When making an application to amend the LP licence endorsement, the applicant shall
pay to the CAA a charge of £20 to update and re-issue the flight crew licence.
Note: The above charge for an LP licence endorsement amendment shall not be levied where
it is associated with the conversion or replacement of a flight crew licence under
charges within Tables 1 or 2 above. If you are notifying them that you are Level 6 there should be no charge, if you want the licence changing its £20 and if you are paying for a new licence there is no additional fee.