PDA

View Full Version : Time Building Summer

Live your dream
31st Jan 2013, 08:20
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about going to the USA to fly about 100h. The only schools I have read about are florida-flyers, and Time building International.

Is there anybody here that could help me, or is planning to do the same as me?

Take care!

sicamore
31st Jan 2013, 09:34
Get a job then you can do it for free :-)

Mikehotel152
31st Jan 2013, 09:38
You can go to Portugal anytime.

Go to the USA. Go to South Africa. Go to Canada. Do some proper research of flying trips you can do. Flying Safaris?

Just go somewhere you'll get cheap(er) flying and a new cultural experience. Don't bash the circuit in the UK or Spain. Remember, GA flying in America is not frowned upon as being for rich people only, with old boys flying clubs and expensive landing fees. They're friendly and the scenery is terrific.

This is your one opportunity to do loads of GA flying for fun. You'll never have the excuse to burn this amount of money again and, if you're like most of us, this will be the high point of your light aircraft flying. Once you get a job in commercial aviation you won't have the money to fly for fun!

PURPLE PITOT
31st Jan 2013, 10:06
Do what he said^

Live your dream
31st Jan 2013, 11:58
spainflyer1, thanks but it is still more expensive.

I want to go to the USA because I think over there the costs are cheaper, and I do not know any other place with more competitive prices.

Sovi3tskiy
31st Jan 2013, 12:44
Hmm what about eastern Europe perhaps? Im just thinking out loud, but surely places like Slovakia/Romania/Bulgaria should be fairly cheap, no?

Live your dream
31st Jan 2013, 14:21
100 hrs = 11600€, I have read about people who has spent about 7000€.

In any case, please send me the info and I will find out more about it later.

Sovi3tskiy
31st Jan 2013, 14:26
I think Croatian Schools were talked about in this forum once before too!

I dunno I think its not a bad idea to go there,

In terms of how to get there, plenty of low cost operators, Wizz/Easy/Ryan.

Once you get there I find public transport very easy to use in eastern europe they often have english writen next their own language, and a lot of people use the public transport so its cheap, comes often, and reliable... No need for hire of car, plus if you arrange something with the school Im sure they can pick you up, even arrange living, the hotels in easten europe are cheap and good... Havent heard of any guys having issues.. Schools teach in english, locals no a bit of english too...

Summer weather is HOT over there, so you will get lots of flying done... Its better weather than UK for Autumn/Spring...

Airspace wise I am unsure, but Croatian schools are supposedly good, I dont think there will be issues there.

But at the end of the day its your choise, some go far some go close....

Live your dream
31st Jan 2013, 14:59
As far as I know, 63€/h, so it is 1575. 1325€ cheaper.

gonzags
31st Jan 2013, 15:21
I really recommend this two places to rent a plane, both on the same airport, i was there last summer and the experience was amazing. (si tienes alguna duda me puedes preguntar por privado).

Regards.

Spinks Flight Center | (http://www.spinksflightcenter.com)
http://www.flyhuffman.com/

portos8
31st Jan 2013, 15:54
I know money is a issue, but just if it wouldn´t be (so just dreaming....) go to New Zealand, fly the South Island from Nelson/Motueka, it is incredible scenery you will not believe! The most beautifull flying ever!

portos8
31st Jan 2013, 15:58
Or South Africa, from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth along the Garden Route (this moment you will spot tonnes of whales) and back via the Karroo, incredible! Worth the ticket :ok:

DiamondC
3rd Feb 2013, 13:39
Just posted here about flying in Arizona:
http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/476677-cheap-hour-building-2.html#post7672995

I have flown in the US before (have an FAA PPL), so if you don't you'd need to factor in some additional costs and time for licence conversion/validation, fingerprinting, etc.

RedBullGaveMeWings
3rd Feb 2013, 17:52
Guys, I suggest you all to check out NCB Aviation. I found many nice positive opinions on them by Italians who have finished training now.
NCB tries to give a "complete" quote: aircraft, rental fees, hotels for 35 days, insurance, flight to and from Europe. It looks like that 7000 euro are enough.
$6399 for 100 hours package on C150.
It's in Ohio so I don't know what the weather would be like. NCB is not a flight school, so validation of flight hours with consolates might be a bit tricky but NCB stuff helps their pilots out.

Live your dream
4th Feb 2013, 08:42
DiamondC and RedBull, thanks for so useful information.