PDA

View Full Version : FAA CPL without review

yuramt
31st Jan 2013, 07:28
Hi everyone!! Here's a couple questions for anyone who can help with the answers. I have the FAA CPL(A) IR SEL issued march 2010. But I`m not a resident of USA. After that I went through the validation process, after which I got a license other than FAA and JAA (Ukraine). Then I got a job and in 15 months after FAA CPL checkride passed check in SWISS aviation training centre for type raiting, then in 18 months after FAA CPL checkride passed the line check in my company. Now I fly as an FO. Question is: are those checks be as review, required § 61.56 or not. In other case after 24 months my FAA CPL is not current. The second questin: If it is not curret what have I do to refresh my FAA sertificat: just the review with CFI or full examinationas as before?

Trolle
1st Feb 2013, 15:57
Welcome to the FAA. Your licenses never expire (except a CFI license). They not be current but all you need is a Flight Review with a CFI at some point. Now...or in 10 years. Just need a current Class II or I medical.

MarkerInbound
4th Feb 2013, 10:03
I'm sure the line check does not count because a line check under FAR 121.440 doesn't. And the Swiss type doesn't either. 61.56 says a check given by an Examiner. 61.1 defines the term Examiner:

(5)*Examiner*means any person who is authorized by the Administrator to conduct a pilot proficiency test or a practical test for an airman certificate or rating issued under this part, or a person who is authorized to conduct a knowledge test under this art.

I'm willing to bet the examiner who gave you the Swiss type did not hold a letter from the FAA.

61.56 gives guidance s to what a flight review is made up of, at least one hour gound study and one hour in flight. Since your FAA certificate was issued in 2010, it's not current until you complete a FR or do one of the other things listed in 61.56 with a FAA instructor or examiner.

yuramt
9th Feb 2013, 21:00
Thanks guys! All clear.