PDA

View Full Version : Genghis the Engineer

Roger-Wilco
30th Jan 2013, 10:21
I have only just noticed that Genghis is banned - Anybody know why this is? I am suprised because his posts were always so informative, well written and polite.

Anybody have any info?

Fargoo
30th Jan 2013, 19:16
Nope, he's been a great poster. How did you find out he was banned?

Roger-Wilco
31st Jan 2013, 06:56
I noticed he hadnt posted in a while...when going to his profile on here to find posts, it shows he is banned...and he has a banned logo next to his avatar.

ArthurR
31st Jan 2013, 07:56
I noticed he had been banned a while back, whilst looking on the Flight test thread, It did make me wonder as I always though he was a MOD on that thread.

KAG
31st Jan 2013, 10:13
Yes, Genghis was a great poster, I really enjoyed reading him (her).

I guess (s)he broke one of the pprune rules like giving an other poster identity whitout paying attention, I am sure it was something perfectly innocent, he seems to be a real gentleman poster.

I hope he will come back in the future.

Dodo56
31st Jan 2013, 15:44
That's a shame, I always found him very well informed and ready to engage constructively. But then some of the moderation on this site can be a bit... arbitrary.

flame_bringer
31st Jan 2013, 16:55
I noticed his absense sometime ago.
I miss his posts they were very erudite and polite and he has always helped others.
I hope he comes back soon.

Golden Rivet
31st Jan 2013, 17:05
I always found him rude and condescending.

Tableview
31st Jan 2013, 17:26
I'll add my voice to that. Always enjoyed his postings.

Mark 1
31st Jan 2013, 18:11
AIUI he was banned for identifying a certain sciolist in the private and GA forums and that these matters are currently sub-judice.

You can find him on the Flyer forums where he got a warmer reception. Hopefully to return here when things have blown over.

Pace
31st Jan 2013, 19:58
he does post here now and again under a different name but will not reveal which ;)

He was banned for revealing information regarding ??? who was much loved here once
But sadly egg on face now.

Pace

Alber Ratman
31st Jan 2013, 21:02
You don't hear much of Mad Max either nowadays...:(:E

Dawdler
31st Jan 2013, 21:19
Pace, I take it that the ??? in your post is the result of auto-censoring. What I found strange about the whole affair was not that he was banned, after all only the mods know how their minds work, but that he was allowed/encouraged to rejoined under another assumed name...... very strange....

Mark 1
31st Jan 2013, 23:59
What little explanation that was given is stated on the last post here:
http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/495642-whats-happened-genghis-engineer-2.html

I expect any further insight would result in this thread being locked or deleted.

cockney steve
1st Feb 2013, 22:24
I read most of what happened and pieced together most of the gaps.
i still waste a lot of hours here, but it did point me to the rival site , so now i waste a lot of time there as well :}

Although I haven't registered there, many posters are familiar names and GtE carries on, regardless in his inimitable fashion.

AIUI (and I could well be wrong) G's identity was revealed ,as was the identity of another,who is/was the subject of police enquiries.

Never met G but have the greatest respect for his intelligent , constructive and helpful posts.

Can't understand your view, Golden Rivet, unless you've been a pillock toward G...strikes me that he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Suggest anyone who's that curious could start by reading the Stickies at the top of Biz jets/Ag. etc. and then do a bit of constructive research.

(really, it's not worth the effort! )

Pull what
2nd Feb 2013, 16:37
A very poor moderator with a bad attiude, who told me he couldnt care about what people said about each other. A very noticable different moderating style too from here and the Instructors PPL forum, no wonder so many dont stay there.

Shame really as his technical knowledge was excellent

Richard Westnot
3rd Feb 2013, 16:19
I always enjoyed reading Genghis posts. Whilst they were sometimes full of technical information they were always written in such a style that they were always very easy to understand.

It is a shame that he has gone, especially in the circumstances of doing good, but lets hope that he may be allowed back soon once the dust has settled.

Second everything that Cockney Steve has said except to replace the rivet with a bullet.

fantom
3rd Feb 2013, 20:30
If I were he and been insulted to this extent, why would I stay?

Disgrace.

Pilot DAR
3rd Feb 2013, 23:53
GtE lives on, and is well. He can be found elsewhere, after a short search. "Occupations?" could be a useful key word in a search. In my opinion, he suffered a severe injustice in September. He and I emailed about it at the time, he was very hurt. Indeed he was later vindicated to a large degree.

The unhappy treatment he received on PPRuNe lead me to rethink my participation here. Though I do post, I am no longer the eager supporter of PPRuNe I one was. I post to support PPRuNe members - that's all. GtE is finding satisfaction in things less centered on forums. Certainly a loss to those of us who learned so much from him. I had dinner with him years back, and very much enjoyed my time with him - one of those evenings which just went by way too fast.

Sadly, PPRuNe's loss, is no one's gain. But GtE gave of himself immensely for the betterment of others, and that it what is to be appreciated. Nothing goes on forever....

I like to think that the PPRuNe leaders have been able to evolve they standards to prevent such a major loss again.....