PDA

View Full Version : FIC Approval

Meeb
19th Apr 2002, 09:32
What does the interview with the CAA consist of? Someone who has done it recently care to comment? Also, does the test for the approval have to be with an authority FE, or can it be done with a FIE? Cheers.

DesiPilot
22nd Apr 2002, 17:29
Dear Meeb,

Not sure what the interview consists but I happen to know a FIC instructor who renewed his FIC with FIE. The FIE also happens to be a panel examiner. So I am not sure if the examiner was using his FIE or panel examiner authorities.
I know its not much help, but at least we know that you can do the renewal with an individual examiner rather than someone working for CAA.

Meeb
22nd Apr 2002, 18:17
Thanks DesiPilot for your input. Can I point out to you that there is no such thing as a 'panel examiner' any more, they are FIE's now. I am aware that a renewal can be done with an FIE. Hope you do not mind me correcting you, but it might help others looking into this thread.

I am still hoping for an answer to my questions though...?

Stan Evil
28th Apr 2002, 09:42
Interview is with one or 2 staff CAA guys and an FIE who may be CAA or independent. It's then usual to do the FIC flight with the FIE who interviewed you but it doesn't always happen.

Expect questions on how you'd run an FI course, what you think instructing is all about, some technical stuff (P of F etc) and a general chat on the world of aviation.