PDA

View Full Version : Another Spit in the air!

Churchills Ghost
29th Jan 2013, 15:34
Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX RR232 at Bristol Filton 18/12/2012 (ORIGINAL) - YouTube

Businessman who spent £1m restoring Spitfire he found in a scrapyard 10 years ago sees it fly again | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270031/Businessman-spent-1m-restoring-Spitfire-scrapyard-10-years-ago-sees-fly-again.html)

Dengue_Dude
29th Jan 2013, 15:52
Lovely jubbly - does a body good to see that.

And Burma hadn't been mentioned once . . . .

Well done the restorers!

CoffmanStarter
29th Jan 2013, 16:12
Yep ... Marvellous :D:D:D:D

I believe the owner was presented with one original Spit rivet many years ago and he went from there :eek:

Churchills Ghost
29th Jan 2013, 16:17
I believe the owner was presented with one original Spit rivet many years ago and he went from there

Correct.

Now if we could just get Britain out of the EU and try to rediscover some semblance of 'Britishness' we could continue the trend!

Re-instate national service, bump-up the numbers in the military starting with the unemployed who are capable, turf-out the government, build our trade with the Commonwealth (who just happen to sit in the world's fastest growing economies) make sure British is clearly spoken up and down the land and that its perfectly okay to state that we are basically Christian - and we could be onto a good thing!

We can all dream! ;)

Dengue_Dude
29th Jan 2013, 16:22
Re-instate national service, bump-up the numbers in the military starting with the unemployed who are capable, turf-out the government, build our trade with the Commonwealth (who just happen to sit in the world's fastest growing economies) make sure British is clearly spoken up and down the land and that its perfectly okay to state that we are basically Christian - and we could be onto a good thing!

Hell yes! That works for me.

CoffmanStarter
29th Jan 2013, 16:25
I've got a TSR2 rivet ... any volunteers :ooh:

The Helpful Stacker
29th Jan 2013, 17:30
I've got a TSR2 rivet ... any volunteers.....

I'm sure one of our RN members would willingly accept your rivet.

CoffmanStarter
29th Jan 2013, 18:39
Nah ... It's titanium not gold :}

brokenlink
29th Jan 2013, 18:40
Lovely sound, keen to hear more but will have to wait until the airshow season is upon us again at Duxford. May Bank Holiday will soon be here.

N.HEALD
29th Jan 2013, 20:13
Excellent to see another take to the skys, Last time i spke with Martin Phillips the owner, he also had a 2 seat Spitfire in restoration, lucky blighter. :)

Bill4a
29th Jan 2013, 20:21
My gawd Churchill, now there's an original thought! Perhaps if it gets pushed around the politicos will claim it as a government initiative and a shy tot vote winner! :}