PDA

View Full Version : Question Bank 15

pilot in command
29th Jan 2013, 12:45
Hi everyone

I have spent the last 2 months studying for ATPL exams and come Feb I'm going to start doing the Aviation Exam and Bristol Question Bank. These both use QB15 which is the most current version and I am wondering: If I was to know every question in the question bank will I have seen every posible question for the real exam?

RTN11
29th Jan 2013, 16:32
No.

You will likely have seen enough to pass, but there's no way you will have seen every possible question, as more are added regularly, and they could easily just take some from an older database.

If you learn the subjects properly you'll be able to answer any question, even when it's asked at an interview and isn't multiple choice.

cefey
29th Jan 2013, 21:33
RTN11, you would be surprised how few people are actually "learning" anything, while preparing for the exams. "Bristoling" everything is the way 99% choose to take.

RTN11
29th Jan 2013, 21:44
Back when I took them in 2005, I remember a lot of people in my class failed PoF through an over reliance on the question banks. Only two of us passed out of about 12 in the class, myself with 96%, mostly through paying attention to the instructor, and learning the subject matter, rather than trying to memorise thousands of questions.

There's not that much stuff in there, you can easily learn it all, although admittedly it is then difficult to retain everything, and at such an early stage to realise what will actually be important.

Every now and then in the day job something will tug at an old memory of ATPLs, and I will think "I used to know that" but more often than not I will know where to find the answer without too much difficulty, which is half the battle. Simply learning the answers to a set of questions will leave you without this fundamental ability, unless the particular problem you face just happens to have been on a multiple guess quiz.

packo1848
29th Jan 2013, 22:11
The QB is a great tool, if used correctly. There's absolutely no harm in using it, provided you're not learning it pro rata. BGS even warn students not to do so, examiners know some people do it and its not hard for them to change a few numbers/words to give a different answer and leave the QB answer in the list to catch these people out.

Use the QB to gain exposure to the style of questioning you can expect and identify where you're going wrong, definitely don't just simply learn all the Q & A.

In answer to the OP, apparently there are new questions creeping into the exams from time to time.