PDA

View Full Version : Agusta "Power by the Hour"

Deskrider
29th Jan 2013, 12:37
Does anyone know if Agusta (AW) offers a "Power by the Hour" program, and what is its name? I have found info for all other OEM's but not AW. I have searched their web-site and google with no results other than a program mentioned "Through-life" but that seems to be connected to the military side. Thanks in advance!

Bravo73
29th Jan 2013, 12:49
Are you looking in the right place?

Wouldn't a 'Power by the Hour' service be offered by the engine manufacturer? (ie P&W).

Deskrider
29th Jan 2013, 13:21
I was just using "power by the hour" as a generic term, most airframe OEM's offer a support by the hour program. i.e. Sikorsky-Total Assurance Program, Eurocopter-Parts by the Hour program, MD-MD Power program.

Ian Corrigible
29th Jan 2013, 14:04
Qui si va (http://www.agustawestland.com/content/extended-warranty-programs).

I/C

Deskrider
29th Jan 2013, 15:05
Thank you Ian, just like at home, looking in the pantry for a half hour for the salt, the wife walks by... reaches in and hands it to you and then gives you the look.

KiwiRotorWrench
29th Jan 2013, 23:35
AW also offers a "Limited" CPA, where you can pick the items you want covered. But you have to ask a for it.
If you are flying low annual hours you're unlikely to want Gearbox (5000 hour TBO) coverage.
Usual suspects are those that don't last to TBO, like servo's , start gen's, dampers, landing gear actuators and shocks.

AW bills a minimum of 200 flight hours a year even if you don't fly that much.

Plus Pratt has their Eagle Service Plan for the motors, no flight minimums

Honeywell has HAPP for all the expensive electronic boxs, 300 hour flight minimum @ $75.00/hr

Deskrider
30th Jan 2013, 12:15
Thanks Kiwi, good to know.