PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good way to get my 737-800 type rating

aircanadaA320
29th Jan 2013, 09:15
I am still in the simulator training on a 737-800 full flight simulator by CAE. It is a Level-D simulator and I have around 1 and a half year of training left until I leave. Where should I continue my training on the 737-800? It is tricky because I live in Hong Kong and I am a member in the Hong Kong Aviation Club. My dream is to study in Australia for flight school and I've always wanted to be a 737-800 pilot, especially for Hong Kong express to start off.

Help is appreciated, thanks

cefey
29th Jan 2013, 10:48
Best way it to get it paid with a company, that will be willing to hire you. Otherwise - dont get one!

PURPLE PITOT
29th Jan 2013, 13:07
I'm sure i have mis understood your post, but if a year and a half simulator training doesn't get you a type rating, this is probably not the job for you.

jetjockey696
29th Jan 2013, 13:54
I dont understand aircanada... 1 and half year in a simulator...thats way to long... a normal simulator training is only a few weeks.. around 6weeks for a full type rating course on B737.

Sadly to say.. HK airlines and express are not doing to good now days. so becareful... and when I was there many years ago.. they wanted time on B737 before hiring..

They have ordered and operate Airbus320/330 and probably hong kong express sister company will operate the Airbus too by the time you finish...

M-ONGO
29th Jan 2013, 14:20
From another thread:

aircanadaA320

ususally in good weather, I takeoff with no F/D A/THR or any automation.

On landing when I hand fly for the last 1000 feet, I disconnect the AFDS using the A/P DISCONNECT button on the MCP on my 737-800. I personally do not rely on the F/D on landing since I have my own landing technique.

He sounds like a Walter Mitty type.