PDA

View Full Version : Lost Logbook, Help!

harrythepigeon
29th Jan 2013, 02:05
So unfortunately i have misplaced my logbook somewhere between moving places, can't find it anywhere so at the moment i am preparing for the worst... :ugh:

I am a private pilot with just under 100 hours or so and haven't been flying in almost 5 years but am looking at getting back into it to get my CPL but, now my log book has disappeared!

Fortunately I have photocopies of every page of my logbook right up until my last flight plus my ratings and endorsements.

Can anyone shed some light on what i should do in this situation so I don't have to spend thousands of dollars on doing more command time that i have already done for my CPL

Thanks

T28D
29th Jan 2013, 02:30
Statutory Declaration setting out the facts with the photocopies attached to CASA

Fred Gassit
29th Jan 2013, 02:32
Photocopies of last pages are good enough, probably a good habit to get into.

If you lost absolutely everything a statutory declaration of your previous experience is required, not the end of the world but it still sucks to lose your permanent records, dont forget of course that the regulator has a record of all your quals etc as well, just not the hours.

29th Jan 2013, 22:45
Fortunately I have photocopies of every page of my logbook right up until my last flight plus my ratings and endorsements.

Buy a new logbook and copy everything:rolleyes:. May have to get certifications stamps and signatures done again from CFI and Instructors:ugh: