PDA

View Full Version : change.org ?

BEagle
28th Jan 2013, 21:41
Did anyone else receive that note from 'change.org' about their 'correspondance (sic) with the CAA' concerning the onging "UK Civil Aviation Authority: Temp approval for affected pilots to renew their IR without resitting exams" petition?

It seems that it's impossible to reply direct to the originator of the e-mail, except through some tw@tter or farsebook link. However, if the author should be reading this, here is the reply I tried to send you:

C****,

See 'REGULATION (EC) No 216/2008 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL' - http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2008:079:0001:0049:EN:PDF

Article 14(6):

6. Where an equivalent level of protection to that attained by the application of the rules implementing this Regulation can be achieved by other means, Member States may, without discrimination on grounds of nationality, grant an approval derogating from those implementing rules.

In such cases, the Member State concerned shall notify the Agency and the Commission that it intends to grant such an approval, and shall give reasons demonstrating the need to derogate from the rule concerned, as well as the conditions laid down to ensure that an equivalent level of protection is achieved.

Good luck!

ExAdvert
29th Jan 2013, 07:43
And in the UK , the representative body of the "member state" which is responsible for applying for such a derogation is of course.... the CAA.

Good luck with getting them to apply for anything. Ask me how I know....:ugh: