PDA

View Full Version : Good de-brief? The rules?

jacqueline
28th Jan 2013, 19:23
What makes a good Line Training Captain?
What makes a good de-brief?
Any literature around?

INNflight
28th Jan 2013, 22:32
Imho a good de-brief starts with the trainee giving his opinion on his own work. I find it important to see if a pilot can successfully pin-point one's own strengths and weaknesses.

We do it along the lines of:

- Good points
- Bad points
- Points to Improve
- Main Problem (if applicable) and a take-home message for the next time.

These points can then be discussed and additional points added by the training captain.

Joe le Taxi
29th Jan 2013, 07:23
I think physical violence is generally regarded as a 'bad thing'...

- a philosophy which one TRE in a company I worked for, famously didn't subscribe to!

Globally Challenged
29th Jan 2013, 07:29
A little violence never hurt anyone ... :E

Miles Magister
29th Jan 2013, 08:32
jacqueline,

If you would like a serious answer then PM me.

MM

FrankR
29th Jan 2013, 10:43
And this started out as such a good question...

At least INNFlight gave it a shot!

Thanks INNFlight

Globally Challenged
29th Jan 2013, 13:13
More constructive answers are to be found in the duplicated post more appropriately placed in the FI / Examiners section

http://www.pprune.org/flying-instructors-examiners/506484-good-de-brief-rules.html

tommoutrie
29th Jan 2013, 17:57
a good debrief will be to soften the blow that the individual delivers to themselves because its often unusually harsh. A good debrief is almost always short. Nobody remembers more than one or two points of a debrief accurately so deliver one or two relevant points that improve one aspect - if theres more to cover, leave it to another day. And a good debrief will involve a lot of listening by the training captain, not a lot of talking.

M-ONGO
29th Jan 2013, 18:12
Interesting subject, but does it really need to be in at least three sections of pprune! Maybe the mods can put the threads into one.

My tuppence worth, always end the debriefing on a positive note.