PDA

View Full Version : iPad mounts

HVHmt
28th Jan 2013, 15:03
We are looking at options for mounting the iPad, can anyone recommend something?

InspG
28th Jan 2013, 17:19
Google RAM Mounts. I have been using one of their double sucker screen mounts for several years and find them excellent.

helihub
29th Jan 2013, 05:01
The Guimbal Cabri has an iPad mount option from the factory. One of the UK Cabris has this fitted. Here's a factory pic. It can be turned round to present the iPad in "Portrait" as well as "Landscape"

http://helihub.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/guimbal-ipad.jpg

md 600 driver
29th Jan 2013, 06:36
I second ram mounts they make a specific one for the ipad and a 7 inch generic one that fits a mini ipad

All using the 1 inch ball system

Hughes500
29th Jan 2013, 07:16
RAM mount is teh way to go

HeliChopter
29th Jan 2013, 09:36
RAM mounts, they're the nuts!

topendtorque
29th Jan 2013, 09:43
Used to drink in the Rams bar, downtown Long Beach once, does that count?

HVHmt
29th Jan 2013, 15:16
Other than the colbri, nothing else STC'd?

HeloDrvr
29th Jan 2013, 16:54
If it's a suction cup mount, no approval should be needed, however,
maybe the more important question is what type of aircraft?

We are completely paperless in our jets and helicopters, but in some aircraft we don't use mounts because the available space/ placement isn't quite right.

I would seriously consider the I-pad mini, one word though, you must get a 3G version (whether or not you choose to activate a plan) in order to get the built in GPS- which is important for aviation apps such as ForeFlight.

We have added 12-volt car style chargers as well and this can be done (in the U.S.) under a minor mod field approval. As far as mounting, RAM is the way to go.