PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Please

kaputchnik
27th Jan 2013, 08:27
Hi,

Just looking for some thoughts from some of you guys/gals.

I stopped flying back in 2006 due to lack of work and needed a better paying job to take care of bills etc.

I stopped flying with approx 2000 hours total time - of which about 1600 was as an instructor on R22's and some R44. No turbine time. I do not have a CPL(H) as i qualified and worked under the old "grandfather rights" rules that did not require a CPL(H) back in 1999

I did spend a year in florida back in 2002 and got my FAA CPL(H) & CFI.

I have been considering taking the JAA CPL(H) theory and flight test, but the biggest hurdles i see and have been pointed out with regards to gaining work are

1)No turbine time
2)No IR Rating

It's the IR that's really a concern as their is no way on earth i could ever afford to do it.

Are their jobs available for CPL(H) pilots without an IR???
Also can anyone name any other places other than the USA where it's possible to work with a FAA CPL(H) license.

Many thanks
Pete

gulliBell
27th Jan 2013, 09:32
Try the Tuna boat operators out of Guam, even without turbine time you might be lucky enough to score a H500 gig on a boat.

rotornut
27th Jan 2013, 13:36
k,
Check out Airborne Energy Solutions in Alberta. They are very big on R-44s:
Airborne - Helicopter and Aircraft Aviation Charter Fleets (http://www.airbornesolutions.com/)

zimbizee
28th Jan 2013, 06:46
I think the tuna boats would have to be a last resort, after reading many horror stories i for one would never do it.

zimbizee
23rd Sep 2013, 07:53
Just wondered if you ever decided to complete the UK cpl and ir ratings.

I for one know how difficult it is without an IR and lots of companies i spoke to all require one or even if the job didn't require it would still hire an IR rated pilot over one who didn't have it.