PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Royal Air Force Forum...

Junglejett130
27th Jan 2013, 00:57
Is there one? I have some questions needing some answers based in experience!!

Thanks in advance!

Tim

denachtenmai
27th Jan 2013, 08:24
try here
Redirecting to forums (http://www.e-goat.co.uk)
Regards,Den.

SASless
27th Jan 2013, 08:25
Some think it already exists in the form of the "Military Aircrew" forum.

TheWizard
27th Jan 2013, 08:30
Depends if you mean 'Current Royal Air Force' or not! ;)

Shack37
27th Jan 2013, 10:41
Military Aircrew A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware, and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground. Army, Navy and Airforces of the World, all equally welcome here.

Not RAF dedicated

Depends if you mean 'Current Royal Air Force' or not!
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Here we go, here we go, here we gooooooo:eek:

Courtney Mil
27th Jan 2013, 13:08
I suspect that such a thing might be a bit thin.

cuefaye
27th Jan 2013, 14:18
Or even narrow ----

Bill Macgillivray
27th Jan 2013, 16:11
Try "e-goat". Tends to be ground orientated but you may be lucky:ok:

Dengue_Dude
27th Jan 2013, 17:26
RAF Forum (http://rafforum.activeboard.com)

Pontius Navigator
27th Jan 2013, 20:20
DD, 10 demerits, that is worse than PP WIW.

Junglejett130
27th Jan 2013, 20:23
I am looking for some information on the Shorts Tucano.

I have read some distressing information about the airplane (poor build quality, less that stellar flying quality, and maintenance issues). I am curious who wide spread this opinion is.

Thoughts?

Milo Minderbinder
27th Jan 2013, 20:40
If you post what you've read, then maybe one of those who knows can put you straight.
In the meantime, asking a question like that makes you sound rather like someone with a vested interest - e.g. a journalist trying to create a scare story, or someone foreign trying to discredit a piece of kit.......

You're not going to be taken seriously or get a believable answer until you elaborate
even then you may not......

Pontius Navigator
27th Jan 2013, 20:41
Thoughts, yes, why?

Junglejett130
27th Jan 2013, 21:10
I am absolutely not a journalist...and not looking to cast a shadow on the airplane. Personally, I think it is a stunning airplane, beautiful lines, and what appears to be impressive abilities.

I am an enthusiast and potential user of the airplane in the not so distant future. So there might be a vested interest...just trying to get a feel from the airplanes plusses and minuses.

I have read that the airplanes early years were plagued with construction issues and had some reliability issues. I know one of the original engineers on the engine swap from the Pratt to the Garrett and he spoke highly of the airplane, but he DID have a vested interest so I want to get an unbiased view of the machine. I would expect after all these years of operational use, the "bugs" would have been worked out.

So again, not looking to disparage the airplane, since I know little about its operational use...that is why I came here to ask questions to those who have spent time with her.

fabs
27th Jan 2013, 21:20
And it's not just the RAF that fly the Tucano at Linton!

N707ZS
27th Jan 2013, 21:37
Is it two or three incidents since they got them, I can only think of two which the crew walked away from.