PDA

View Full Version : Large aircraft going into Belfast International

GibbyNI
26th Jan 2013, 08:06
Hi all, I looking a bit of help. A lot of people around here, including myself heard a very noisy and I’m assuming large plane landing at Belfast international (BFS) at around 4:30 am on Thursday 24th. I looked at flight 24 and they don’t have anything showing at that time so not our usual easyjet etc

Can anyone else help identify what it could have been? I have seen an Antonov 124 going in before so just wondering if it was this again.

Cheers

TRY2FLY
26th Jan 2013, 10:38
Could be military jets

Tableview
26th Jan 2013, 12:26
I've only seen and heard an AN-124 once, and thought it was pretty quiet compared to many large jets.

GibbyNI
26th Jan 2013, 12:59
Not to sure if it would have been departing as 9 out of 10 times the flights over us are landing on 25. When taking off they are usualy north or south of us by the time they turn. Although it could well have been using 07 so that could put it over us.

Tableview only ever sen it once myself as it flew directly over my house with out expecting it at about 5000ft, for a while I thought it was an A380 cos of the size of the thing lol, but cant remember how it sounded.

Danmadole
27th Jan 2013, 11:01
Definitely was the DC8. Departed runway 07 at 0430 - loud as hell. Woke up all of Templepatrick :eek:. Airlift International DC8 9G-RAC :8 - look it up for a pic :cool:

GibbyNI
27th Jan 2013, 19:17
Cheers all :)

SpringHeeledJack
27th Jan 2013, 20:03
Whilst (I'm assuming) it's abnormal to have take-offs or landings before 6am at Belfast, why would a beautiful, but oh so noisy aircraft that probably needed every inch of the runway be allowed to take-off at 4.30am and without doubt wake and cause distress to thousands of sleeping local residents ? What would have been so important in it's cargo hold that couldn't wait a few hours to get to it's destination ?

SHJ

eastern wiseguy
28th Jan 2013, 11:56
Whilst (I'm assuming) it's abnormal to have take-offs or landings before 6am at Belfast,

Your assumption is incorrect.