PDA

View Full Version : Does time taken on PPL bother airlines?

GeorgEGNT
25th Jan 2013, 19:02
Good evening folks.

I passed my skills test in November 2012. It was the end of around 2 months solid flying (when the weather allowed it!) during last summer.

The problem is, I actually started flight training many years ago when I was 16. I was flying once a month and quite frankly once the weather started kicking in was spending most time revising than actually learning anything. I then had a few years out of flying bar the odd 'I miss it, let's get back up there' hour long potter around.

As a result of the off and on business of years gone by, I actually took over 50 hours to complete my PPL, nearer 60 in fact. I had no issues during the summer, so it wasn't anything to do with struggling with the course.

Personally, I see it as a positive thing, it's just more hours in the book to me.

All I want to know is whether I'm going to be quizzed about it in the future? I realise I'm a long way from an interview or anything like that. I was literally totting up hours and the thought popped into my head.

Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

Take care.

packo1848
25th Jan 2013, 19:11
I'm in a similar position, I started flying at 16 did around 13 hrs, then went off and did other things, finally finished my PPL in May 2012. I'm assured it won't be an issue, to be honest I think employers will be more interested in your CPL/IR. By no means an expert though, I may be wrong.

A320baby
25th Jan 2013, 19:19
No it doesn't

mad_jock
25th Jan 2013, 19:27
Nobody cares, don't worry

GeorgEGNT
25th Jan 2013, 19:29
I have heard that. Similar to an employer being less interested in your GCSEs once your A-Levels were finished.