PDA

View Full Version : B1 LAME in the middle east

fonkyrider
25th Jan 2013, 14:31
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie on this forum. I need some advice and experience share about working in the gulf as a B1 LAME.
I've read a lot of threads before,but they seems to be quite old...let me introduce myself,it would be easier to answer my questions.

B1 EASA license with type ratings on: A320 series (CFM) A330 (GE-RR) A340 (CFM) B747 series exept -800 B777 -200/300 (GE-PW).

20 years of experience both base and line maintenance in out stations.

I'm thinking about leaving my job to work under contract in the gulf. Does anyone knows what i have to espect?

How much money it's paid,accomodation conditions,work conditions and all that can help me to decide if i can swim with sharks...

without applying to any job posted already, i've been contacted by 2 UK recruiters,just by posting a CV.

another stupid question...do i need my own tool box?..
some others importants details: I'm french and i work for a big french airline.

thank you guys to spend a little time to answer my newbie questions!...

fonkyrider
26th Jan 2013, 13:08
I've found some quite recent topics...i've got a clearer idea about what is goin on...but nothing about the money...anyone can tell me about a monthly range?..in euros or USdol?..
hard work conditions,several CRS a day...depends on the money earnt...
thanks.

fonkyrider
30th Jan 2013, 11:44
Okay...after a few phone calls,i could get an idea about the money that can be made when contracting in the gulf...something like 30 pounds an hour.
accomodation and local transportation included,plus flights...
For those who have done this kind of contracting...is this what you've earnt?...