PDA

View Full Version : Captain Wales

OmegaV6
25th Jan 2013, 08:51
Excellent spoof that I'm sure the Prince would enjoy ... :)

Dramatic moment Prince Harry runs for an ice cream van during Afghanistan interview - YouTube

Whenurhappy
25th Jan 2013, 11:35
I can honestly say that coffee did spill over my keybord - out through my nostrils! I just showed it to our American cousins, who didn't really get it, as they don't seem to do ice cream vans with jingly tunes (note reference to AFG...)

barnstormer1968
25th Jan 2013, 11:41
Simply brilliant

To be fair to Harry the serious look on his face as he was removing his mike says it all about the situation there.

I hate it to if there are no flakes left:E

engoal
25th Jan 2013, 11:53
Not as daft as you might imagine Kandahar's very own Mr Whippy 26.07.11 - YouTube :)

Tashengurt
25th Jan 2013, 12:31
I wondered when a Harry thread would appear.
Well played!

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

CoffmanStarter
25th Jan 2013, 13:13
Whenurhappy ... I haven't been any where near your key board :eek:

Brilliant :ok:

Coff.

air pig
25th Jan 2013, 13:24
Inspired, give that man a 99 lol.

Geezers of Nazareth
25th Jan 2013, 17:12
There have been some wonderful 'mash-ups' of this footage ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0EjEHdO7DU

CoffmanStarter
25th Jan 2013, 19:02
BBC 3 Monday 21:00 full doc on his deployment ...

Low Flier
25th Jan 2013, 20:20
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02459/23-MATT-web_2459361a.jpg

GreenKnight121
26th Jan 2013, 07:49
I can honestly say that coffee did spill over my keybord - out through my nostrils! I just showed it to our American cousins, who didn't really get it, as they don't seem to do ice cream vans with jingly tunes (note reference to AFG...)

I can honestly say, as an American born & raised who has lived in many parts of this country, and from small towns to large cities, that either you are making a standard "British making fun of the colonials" slur, or your so-called "American cousins" are nothing of the sort, or that they come from either a big city ghetto or the remote countryside.

Every town I have lived in, no matter how small (<2,000 people in northern Nevada for one example) or large (>2 million in south-eastern Texas for another), has had ice cream trucks playing happy lively kids music driving through the residential sections during the summer (and the winter as well, in Orange County & San Diego County in southern California, where I lived for 6+ years)... except for the gang-ridden run-down areas.

Here in western Colorado 2-3 different trucks drive through my sub-division every day in the summer.

Lancman
26th Jan 2013, 16:58
My Dad told me that when the ice-cream van was playing the jingly tune it meant that it was sold out and was on it's way back to the shop to get some more. My kids never believed me whenI tried that on with them!

Faithless
26th Jan 2013, 20:43
My Dad told me that when the ice-cream van was playing the jingly tune it meant that it was sold out and was on it's way back to the shop to get some more. :E

Spat my coffee out at this...Class.

Canadian Break
26th Jan 2013, 21:00
Faithless, coffee at this time of night - serves you right for ruining your key board. At least wine will help you sleep! :ok: CB

Courtney Mil
26th Jan 2013, 21:02
...and it cleans the keyboard, CB!

Milo Minderbinder
26th Jan 2013, 21:24
Vodka for cleaning keyboards......

The B Word
26th Jan 2013, 23:15
Try getting an iPad or other tablet - very coffee, vodka or even sneeze reslient!

PS. Cynic mode on - Do you reckon that was a no-notice 'Tango Scramble' by the British Army for the cameras? And I'm not remarking on the orange shade of the good man's hair!

TheWestCoast
27th Jan 2013, 03:54
I with GreenKnight121 on this, ice cream vans cruise through my neighborhood in San Diego County all the time.

Whenurhappy
27th Jan 2013, 07:05
Green knight,

I don't 'Spam Bash' except when I showed the clip to 3 US officer, they returned blank faces - one is from Alaska, one Hawaii and the third (Col) from New Hampshire.

My apologies if offence was taken!

CoffmanStarter
27th Jan 2013, 07:12
Another classic came from Morecambe and Wise ...

Eric on hearing a speeding Ambulance with Blues and Twos going ... "He won't sell many ice creams going at that speed !" :D

500N
27th Jan 2013, 07:31
Very good.

I can imagine him saying that with his usual straight face.

AnglianAV8R
27th Jan 2013, 11:13
Morecambe and Wise- Eric looks out of window - YouTube

GreenKnight121
28th Jan 2013, 02:18
Ah, occifers... that explains it. Probably got their ice cream spoon-fed to them by their nannies until they left for the Academy... and their gated communities wouldn't allow ice cream trucks in anyway.

Whenurhappy, I may be a bit touchy, but it seems like every other mention of Americans on this site includes something about how ignorant, arrogant, stupid, or naive "spams" are (or similar statements)... frequently using the "American cousins" line the same way some Americans refer to "inbred rednecks", implying a lack of the ability to understand.

So your comment about how Americans "didn't get" a reference to something the vast majority of Americans do know about seemed to be another similar comment... which I see now it was not.

P-T
28th Jan 2013, 09:30
Never let it be said that the "Spams" don't have a sense of humour!

And that's from a working class ex Military Officer, if you can generalise so can we!

Whenurhappy
28th Jan 2013, 10:51
I just showed the clip to a friend of mine who is a USAF Colonel JAG. His coffee went quite a distance...he 'got it' without delay!

BEagle
29th Jan 2013, 08:59
The BBC3 programme about Prince Henry of Wales serving in Afghanistan was pretty good, I thought.

It's clear that he's not overly fond of journos though.....

Heathrow Harry
29th Jan 2013, 09:17
and nothing that's happened since will change his mind...

lets leave the poor lad in peace eh?

Jumping_Jack
29th Jan 2013, 11:06
Although it was quite interesting to watch the show, I found myself becoming increasingly irritated by the random 'talking heads' that purported to know what they were talking about. Minor errors in terminology just made them lose credibility.

30AB
29th Jan 2013, 11:30
Mine did, but I was called Victorian dad.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
29th Jan 2013, 19:58
I've just watched the BBC3 Prince Harry programme. Well done Capt Wales!

Duncs:ok:

Tashengurt
29th Jan 2013, 21:11
I think the Captain spoke well enough for himself without Bacon prattling on. An admirable attitude and respect for others I thought.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

CoffmanStarter
30th Jan 2013, 06:35
Yep ... totally agree Tashengurt ... a Team Player.

Loved the bit about Graduate/Non Graduate Army Officers :)

TheWizard
30th Jan 2013, 21:20
Afghans-send-heartfelt-message-to-Prince-Harry (http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2013/01/30/afghans-send-heartfel-message-to-prince-harry/)

old-timer
31st Jan 2013, 14:44
100% A+ for Harry, well presented. Good for him, need more like him.

D MINUS for journos, waste of space.

CoffmanStarter
1st Feb 2013, 07:02
Here is the British Forces News version ... minus Mr Bacon.

British Forces News Special: Prince on a Mission 21.01.13 - YouTube