PDA

View Full Version : Adak Island PADK

dc9-32
24th Jan 2013, 15:40
Does anyone have any experience of using Adak Island and if CIQ is available. I see so far that it's not an AOE but can this be requested if they are given notice of a flight coming from Russia.

Any good contact details of the handler also would be much appreciated :D

Flying Mechanic
24th Jan 2013, 15:50
I have only been through there, leaving USA, for Asia, and u can do CIQ there. We used Universal and they took care of everything , we just refueled there and kept heading west!

dc9-32
25th Jan 2013, 06:39
Why would I want to use Universal, they have no staff in Adak and I'd be paying them a load of money for what ?

We are coming from Russia then heading to Alaska but can't make the first AOE which I believe to be Cold Bay, hence need a stop at Adak.

You mention you did CIQ at Adak, did you pre-arrange this ?

Flying Mechanic
25th Jan 2013, 08:43
CIQ was arranged by Universal, all done using the EAPIS, but we were west bound, so no actual personnel there, just leaving the pax cards with the fuel guy. Yep Universal aint cheap by no means.
If you are coming East bound i think Adak might not be suitable for CIQ. I have only ever used PANC or PAFA eastbound before, PAFA is the preferred as CIQ and fuel can be done in 30 mins, last time in Anchorage we were 2 hours on the ground.

amraam12
27th Jan 2013, 18:24
Contact PANC CBP directly, they can help you make the arrangements in PADK. As I recall they will arrange to send an officer there to meet your flight, just be sure to keep them updated with your ETA.

The fueler / handler is easy to arrange there on your own. All it takes is a phone call. Be prepared to place all charges on a credit card. They can also give you some information regarding the US CBP arrangements there.

amraam

dc9-32
22nd May 2013, 09:12
Is using Cold Bay (PACD) ok for departing USA to Russia and if so, how do we go about getting customs approval as they don't have an officer there.

We plan to depart Van Nuys then ehad to Cold Bay.