PDA

View Full Version : Dick Smith gets offside with the authorities

krypton_john
23rd Jan 2013, 17:36
Yes, one of our finest has had a run in with the government.

Nothing aviation related - it's the fun police he's managed to upset:

This ad, for his Aussie food, has been given a slap by the censor for being too saucy:

Dick Smith ad ruled too rude - world - business | Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/world/8214383/Dick-Smith-ad-ruled-too-rude)

I just about pissed my pants laughing. Priceless.

I'm afraid I also have to admit: I love Dick!

nomorehelosforme
23rd Jan 2013, 18:30
Good to see something lighthearted after the last 7 days! Well done:D:8

jayteeto
24th Jan 2013, 07:36
I like Dick!

John Eacott
24th Jan 2013, 08:03
Here is the 'offending' advert: how soft can Commercial Advice be to give it a restrictive rating, especially considering the cr@p they let through in the name of gummint advertising?

VHP-znJv9ps

For those living in brass monkey weather, Australia Day has brought out an annual series of very amusing "Eat Lamb" adverts which is referred to by Dick when he chucks away the photo of Sam Kekovic, the Lambassador. Bit of a local joke, but may I say in all honesty: I like Dick :p

blakmax
24th Jan 2013, 10:04
Strewth, John E. I thought it would have been a higher priority to explain the term "a dead dingo's donger". Yes, dear readers, it really does refer to a certain part of an Australian native dog's male appendage, which has a reputation for being very dry.

I think Dick was very clever and got a ton of free advertising space on the current affair shows. Amazing that they didn't beep out any of it yet it is banned???

Reminds me of the old story about a company called Dickens who made a great cider. The adverts had many a young lady stating that they could not get through the day without partaking of their beverage. (You work it out.)

I'll get my coat and hat now.

Blakmax

cattletruck
24th Jan 2013, 10:11
Hehehe, this ad is so Australian it should have been narrated by Jack Thompson.

"I like Mr Dicks", I even like his OZEMite now which tastes more like a spread than the current Aussie icon.

belly tank
24th Jan 2013, 11:32
Go Dick!. Met him a few times. I like political incorrectness!:ok:

I have many of his products on my shelf, it costs me more however id rather support our local manufacturers than ****e imports.:=

Sorry for thread creep.

Dick has a nice 109s also:ok:

SASless
24th Jan 2013, 15:27
Dickless Comedian's Material just isn't as funny.