PDA

View Full Version : Pilot store in DXB?

4runner
23rd Jan 2013, 06:01
Good morning Gents. I'm in desperate need of some new shirts and possibly a flight bag to replace my well worn collection. I couldn't find anything online in Dubai so I figured I'd ask you guys. BTW, I'm not EK or with a local carrier so I would not have access to a company store if that's what you all use. If you use a tailor for custom made uniforms, I'll take their name and number. Thanks in advance!

YYZ
23rd Jan 2013, 06:54
Take an old shirt to a tailor in Satwa, they will copy for you at a reasonable fee.

Gordomac
23rd Jan 2013, 09:25
Go on line, mate; TRANSAIR Flight Equipment. WWW.transair.co.uk (http://www.transair.co.uk). TEl; + 44 (0)1273 466000. You can download the catelogue & reference your order but telesales staff are very fast, polite, & efficient. Wide range of. bags & shirts. Very fast dispatch & I used them (still do) for years. No, I have no commercial interest, just a very satisfied customer.

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd Jan 2013, 09:38
There a re many uniform shops in DXB, but I agree go to Satwa, and get new handmade, overnight....... Just like HK...

glf

Poire
23rd Jan 2013, 15:47
Lobo, near the EK Catering, old airport gate, used to be good.

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd Jan 2013, 18:19
Used to be good, agreed..... some of the senior guys moved on set up a new operation.

glf

4runner
27th Jan 2013, 05:34
OK! Found Lobo. They took my measurements right away and we shall see next week when I come back how they look. Thanks guys!

Farrell
2nd Feb 2013, 16:36
No, it's not really like HK - you'll get mis-matched sleeves, too tight here, too loose there, collars badly done and no two shirts identical.

No, sir.
Same same, sir.
Qvawlity! :)

Terry McCassey
3rd Feb 2013, 08:31
I have been buying white pilot shirts from Jolliman.co.uk for many years, they are a first class product, hard wearing and always presentable. Buy two for a tenner each - now that's good value. .

ryan_sharara
9th Feb 2013, 20:16
You can go to the Emirates Aviation Services Pilots shop near terminal 2.

For shirts. There is a tailor in-front of DHL in Garhoud who used to do EK shirts. did mine there.

Cheers

Farrell
11th Feb 2013, 16:43
Best thing to do is buy them online.

IMHO, the only two brands to consider are:

1. Van Heusen Aviator

2. Olymp Pilot

Farrell

4runner
18th Jun 2013, 11:28
Ok, went to Lobo. They weren't fast, but they delivered. Shirts were good quality and made to measure. Service was excellent, materials were quite good and the tailoring was above average. Thanks guys for the suggestions!!

Orangewing
18th Jun 2013, 11:48
Not fast?! I applaud your patience - you got measured five bloody months ago! Jeez....:bored: