PDA

View Full Version : PPL training

Pisces40
22nd Jan 2013, 23:22
I have tried and searching around google site..... it seem that i'm either looking wrong site or type in wrong. As im profoundly deaf and i do wishes to becoming a commercil pilot but it is really impossible because FAA or CAA wouldn't allowed it eh!! To learn to Fly in USA will costing me heavy plus need to get visa from USA and etc.....

I have tried www.bdfa.net,www.deafpilot.com also Aerobility site... it seem that i fail all of them cos i getting no reply... why do i have to suffer just because i'm profound deaf!!!

Any help or advise??

Regards

Mark:):ok:

Lightning Mate
23rd Jan 2013, 07:03
Can you write all that in English for us please.

gordonquinn
23rd Jan 2013, 08:24
Hi mate,

Sorry but I think I speak for many when I say that your post is a bit confusing, what exactly are you asking? Could you be more specific?

Lightning Mate
23rd Jan 2013, 08:27
Caution

Troll warning red.

Linda Mollison
23rd Jan 2013, 08:35
Try Flying Scholarships for the Disabled

Welcome to Flying Scholarships for Disabled People (http://www.fsfdp.org.uk/)

or

The APT Charitable Trust

Disabled flying training activities and air experience flights for people with disabilities (http://www.disabledflying.org.uk/index.php)

Linda Mollison

Lightning Mate
23rd Jan 2013, 09:26
..and i do wishes to becoming a commercil pilot

Medical?....

Greg2041
24th Jan 2013, 22:07
Hi Mark,

You raise some interesting issues. Unfortunately, some of the replies might lead you to believe the pprune community is a little unhelpful but the truth is that the hearing community is often not Deaf Aware and that creates communication difficulties

My understanding from what you are saying is that you would like to become a commercial pilot and are struggling to find a way forward.

I am always happy to try and help. I have lots of contacts so feel free to pm me if you like.

Good luck in your endeavours

Greg

Ps A friend of mine in Frinton is a profoundly deaf pilot!