PDA

View Full Version : JAA IFR Hour building

canivete
22nd Jan 2013, 10:23
Dear all,

Does anybody know where to build cheap IFR hours?

Preferebly in a JAA plane.

Thank you.

B2N2
22nd Jan 2013, 14:51
Who says it needs to be in a JAA plane?
Is there such a thing?
What do you need this for?

typhoonboy
22nd Jan 2013, 18:40
He probably means an EASA approved aircraft...

TB

BillieBob
22nd Jan 2013, 22:12
There's no such thing as an 'EASA approved' aircraft, either.

typhoonboy
22nd Jan 2013, 23:29
Well maybe he means an aircraft registered to a "JAA" state, not a N reg, just not sure why he would want that

TB

canivete
23rd Jan 2013, 04:20
Dear all,

I would like to train without converting my JAA licence in to FAA or something else.

My post was not really clear about this.

Regards.

tiger88
23rd Jan 2013, 11:17
Canivete,

If it is hiring aircraft you are looking into then you could get a restricted FAA PPL issued, with all your current ratings, on the basis of your foreign licence without needing to undertake any conversion training. I believe you will need to go to the USA to complete the paperwork and get the PPL issued but it does allow you to hire and fly N reg aircraft not just in the USA but elsewhere in the world, but I suspect it is probably still cheapest in the US. If your country is part of the visa waiver program you won't need a visa to hire and fly in the USA and it can all be done under an ESTA. For your IR rating to be included on your FAA PPL you do however need to do a small theory test but I have heard it isn't that difficult and the question bank is freely available.

Just food for thought if you hadn't already consider it.

canivete
25th Jan 2013, 08:21
Dear Tiger,

Thank you for your response, I have concidered this also, but I prefer to do this in Europe.

Anybody knows where to rent a cheap ifr plane in europe?