PDA

View Full Version : Magazine subscription & keeping the brain ticking

FlyingRich
21st Jan 2013, 11:11
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good magazines to subscribe too, I was thinking ATW, so any feedback would be great. Also does anybody know of any good websites to learn/test current knowledge. I'm really trying to find a way to keep my aviation knowledge up to date without just reading.

I hope I've posted in the correct forum.

Many thanks.

Hartington
21st Jan 2013, 15:50
Different magazines have slightly different slants on similar subjects. Not better, of worse than one another, just different. So ATW and Airline Business cover the business side of airlines but if they ever cover the same subject you won't get precisely the same view. I have read both of them and I wouldn't say one was better than the other.

In a similar vein Flight International vs Aviation Week may well report on the same issues but with a different slant. I gave up my sub to Aviation Week partly because of cost but also because they cover a lot about US military issues which is not may main area of interest. I kept Flight. But I miss Aviation Week and one solution to the cost issue may be to switch to their online version.

It depends on (a) what your interests are and (b) how much you can afford. Given that this is Spectators Balcony with the subtitle Spotters Corner then any of the 4 magazines I've mentioned so far might be too business or technically oriented. I hope you take that in the spirit it is offered.

FlyingRich
21st Jan 2013, 17:46
Thank you ever so much, I believe I will try out a few different magazines and then see which style I prefer!

The SSK
22nd Jan 2013, 08:15
If you're interested in route developments, Anna Aero is a good (and entertaining) free online resource.