PDA

View Full Version : Rough treatment

oldpax
20th Jan 2013, 03:05
This week I had a letter from my bank of some 20+ years .Letter says "we do not require your business anymore and you have 60 days to close out your accounts"We will not enter into any discussion on this .If you do not close within 60 days we will send you an open cheque .
Now this bank is in the Channel islands and I pay in my wages and pension and pay out some to Thailand(I live there).This bank also had my money in a 5 year plan of which the last payment was made this week!Not the end of the world but very inconvenient as I am working in Australia at the moment.So has anyone else had treatment like this?:eek:

Load Toad
20th Jan 2013, 06:47
Never.
Which bank?
Is there some legal reason they have to or some requirement for the amount of funds held in the account...?

Hydromet
20th Jan 2013, 10:21
Tell 'em F**k 'em!

They are not making enough profit out of you, which means you are managing your funds prudently.
Take your funds out, happy in the knowledge that they will probably go broke before you do.

Hotel Tango
20th Jan 2013, 11:00
What the heck has this got to do with Spotters Corner???!!!

ARNSpoty
20th Jan 2013, 11:21
taking spotting into account...

pwalhx
20th Jan 2013, 12:10
Obvious really the trick is to spot the relevance to aviation, no one has yet.

walterthesofty
20th Jan 2013, 15:26
Could be worse, he could be boring everyone to death with yet another nauseous report of what he has just heard a pilot say to a controller whilst evesdropping on freq blah blah....:yuk:

Tableview
20th Jan 2013, 17:48
Is this HSBC in Guernsey? A friend a business partner of mine had the same letter from them. They did not even suggest HSBC International as an alternative.

If you PM me there are alternatives.

Skipness One Echo
20th Jan 2013, 18:38
Could be worse, he could be boring everyone to death with yet another nauseous report of what he has just heard a pilot say to a controller whilst evesdropping on freq blah blah....
What is the point of you?

Hotel Tango
20th Jan 2013, 19:32
Mods must be out today. This thread should have been moved a long time ago.

Talkdownman
20th Jan 2013, 19:57
Perhaps the Mods are snowed-in...

PPRuNe Towers
20th Jan 2013, 21:10
Not snowed in just mouth agape at such a WTF moment:uhoh:

Answers on a postcard please as to the most sensible forum

or even site:E

oldpax
20th Jan 2013, 21:27
I buy airline tickets from this A/C!!Is that OK? It could happen to you and the bank was "NAT WEST".

Tom the Tenor
20th Jan 2013, 22:39
Buying air tickets - that is a very valid point, so yes, why not here, I guess.

Whom is your letter signed by - is it the bank manager at the branch in Guernsey?

DaveReidUK
21st Jan 2013, 07:16
Mods must be out today. This thread should have been moved a long time ago.

But then we wouldn't have enjoyed the benefit of Walter's Wisdom ... :ugh:

oldpax
21st Jan 2013, 07:29
The letter was signed by my"financial advisor"and was a very blunt and to the point letter,I can copy it for those who would like to read it, and perhaps get one,including professional pilots who may have an offshore account!!