PDA

View Full Version : CASA Audit Restriction after 9 months waiting for my class 1!!!

FlyingDumbells
19th Jan 2013, 15:11
Hello to all,

I have been very disappointed with CASA at renewing my medical, it took them 9 months in total! Here is an in depth story on my adventure through renewing my class 1 for the first time.

First off, I went to a dame to renew my class 1 medical in one country, did the medical, paper work etc. I then had to leave this country as I was not planning on working there any more. I didn't get my medical in the 4 weeks that it usually takes so called up the Doctor's office in the country where I did my medical but was unable, through all my best efforts to get in contact with the actual dame doctor after a week of calling his office and trying to email him. Next, I called casa again, asking about this medical and they said they had not received any paper work for it. I then realised the doctor may not have even sent the paper work to casa and as I had no way of contacting him about it, I got a fresh medical done in the country where I currently stay. After waiting again for 4 weeks, I called CASA and they said they were holding my medical as they sent me a letter requesting extra reports regarding my ''Thyroid condition'', as I take medication for Hypothyroidism which is basically 1 tiny 50mcg tablet a day for the past 5 years which has not changed from my first class 1 medical. But of course I had not received the letter yet as I live abroad and far away from Australia. Anyway got them to send me the letter via email requesting these reports. I brought it straight to the Doctor and got it done and sent the reports myself via express post to ensure it was sent! as now the time it was taking was becoming disheartening. After seeing it was received by them (2-3 weeks later! as well even though I used express post ha! :ugh:), I gave it a few days then called casa again. They said along the lines of ''Oh sorry not sure why the Doctor has not looked at this yet! someone will look at it today.'':ugh: After calling to chase this up a few more times...I get the response of we have sent you another letter 3 weeks ago!...but not your medical. I Had to get them to send me this letter again via email even though my address for my email is on file and I requested correspondence by email. It was a letter of ''show cause'' as they now were saying that the medical I did in the first country I ticked yes to take medication regularly but on my 2nd medical application form I did not...so I easily explained that this must of been a mistake and there would be no logical reason for me to contradict myself as when I did my first ever class 1 medical I ticked yes, Doctor sent reports etc and received my medical from casa then. So it was not as if there would be any point at all in trying to deceive. A simple mistake it must of been clearly. Anyway 4-6 weeks later after emailing them my response to the ''show cause'' letter, I get another letter back saying my case has been referred to complex case management! :rolleyes: Anyway the day after I got that email my medical was apparently sent to me finally!! I have today received it in the post!:D This process started in March 2012!:ugh: I can't believe how long this took.

But now I have a CASA audit restriction on it! I feel this is unwarranted and unnecessary. If you made it this far....Does anyone have any advice? what should I do? I mean on my initial class 1 there was no casa audit restriction and there has been no changes at all to my health since then, so why would they put it on there now?