PDA

View Full Version : JAA/EASA MEIR renewal

cessna310
17th Jan 2013, 09:00
Hi

I had revalidated MEIR on July 2008.when 5 years expiry apply? Is it from date of validation or from date of expiry(expired July 2009).thanks for clearing me on this.

Regards
Cessna310

S-Works
17th Jan 2013, 09:02
From date of expiry of the rating. Be aware now that you will need to train and gain a course completion certificate now before you take the skill test.

Linda Mollison
17th Jan 2013, 12:37
Cessna 310

Under EASA, the 5 year rule where you had to take the test with a full time staff examiner has gone.

However the rules have changed in a less beneficial way.

You only have 7 years from the date of your LAST REVALIDATION OR RENEWAL to renew your IR, after which you have to redo the IR ground exams, i.e. you only have 6 years from the date of expiry of your IR. (Part FCL.625 IR)

At that time, you have to do a skill test to renew your IR and, as your IR expiry date is between 1 and 7 years, the guidance is for a minimum of three training sessions (AMC1 to part FCL.625c - AMC and GM to Part FCL).

So beware, you need to renew your IR before June 2015, not June 2016 otherwise you will have to redo the ground exams.

Interestingly enough, AMC1 to Part FCL.625c also allows for your IR to have expired by 7 years by stating that you 'should' (i.e. not mandatory) do the full course if your IR has EXPIRED by more than 7 years.

So one part of EASA is saying 7 years after the REVALIDATION/RENEWAL DATE and another part is saying 7 years after the EXPIRY DATE.

Maybe the CAA should be issuing a derogation for this. JAA rules allowed 7 years after the renewal/revalidation date (not the expiry date) for both the ground exams and the flying. I thought EASA was supposed to be the same as JAA!

pipertommy
17th Jan 2013, 17:39
So what is required to gain course completion certificate? Couple sim hours ?

S-Works
17th Jan 2013, 17:47
So what is required to gain course completion certificate? Couple sim hours ?

Training as defined by the Head of Training. What I tend to do is look at the recent flying experience and then make a decision from there.

pipertommy
17th Jan 2013, 17:57
If you looked at my situation, IR expired 2009.....IMC rating current.
Fly part time FI but VFR only.

Sorry for thread creep.

S-Works
17th Jan 2013, 18:18
I would suggest based on that you are looking at a couple of hours training and a flight test.

pipertommy
17th Jan 2013, 18:20
Thanks, I was planning couple hours sim and hopefully onto aircraft.
Thanks again.

cessna310
19th Jan 2013, 18:38
Thanks for reply