PDA

View Full Version : IR Renewal Time, What Next?

ElNino
17th Apr 2002, 18:24
Having been dumped from a cadet scheme after 11/9 and remaining jobless since, my IR needs renewal at the end of the summer.
If I don't get a job by then, I will certainly renew it. Since I have only gotten limited SEP time since the IR, I will need some time in the aircraft before taking the renewal. So could anyone answer these questions:
- How much time do people generally need, after a year away from MEP's, to refresh before attempting the renewal?
- Can the renewal be done solely in an FNPT2?
- Does the IR renewal flight also count as the MEP class rating renewal?
- I was thinking of BAE, Jerez to do it? Anyone got any better suggestions?

In terms of jobs, are there instructing jobs to be had in the UK or Ireland this summer? Or any other ideas at all, aviation-wise, for a 230 hr pilot?

Thanks.

IRRenewal
17th Apr 2002, 22:12
Training required: hard to say without flying with you. 2 to 3 sorties gets most people back up to speed if they are in some sort of flying practice. Less than that if they are in current flying practice.

IR renewal can be done on SIM, MEP can not be done on SIM.

IR renewal (or revalidation) flight can be combined with MEP class renewal/revalidation. In fact, this is often the smartest way of doing it. Requires a number of visual exercises to be flown in addition to the IF stuff.

Why go abroad for a couple of flights? It might make sense for a whole course, but I cannot believe it would pay off for a renewal/revalidation. If you are anywhere near the South East of England contact me through my web site or via email and I might be able to sort something out for/with you.

Regards