PDA

View Full Version : Currently Active Users

Bravo73
16th Jan 2013, 16:16
1442 (321 members & 1121 guests)

:eek:

HeliStudent
16th Jan 2013, 17:05
Bravo73, it was 1,780 at around 9:30am this morning.

The most I've seen on Rotorheads since I've joined.

Also - the Daily Telegraph quoted directly from the crane crash thread.

Tequilaboy
16th Jan 2013, 17:16
Some journos to get some reality or people actually interested in some fact.....

Max Shutterspeed
16th Jan 2013, 17:23
Sadly, probably a large percentage of gruesome ambulance chasers, the same people who slow down and look at car crashes and play those grisly YouTube vids.

Been a bad day today, feel the urge to open a bottle of something tonight.

HeliStudent
16th Jan 2013, 17:27
The person who posted above you might be able to suggest an appropriate beverage.

But - from what I read pilots and engineers are supposed to meet-up and get together for a drink when something like this happens, or don't they do that any more?

Modtro
16th Jan 2013, 17:57
Helistudent,

Some people do, some not, some hold the glass up at a later moment... Every one has his own way to deal with things like this.

Still, a very sad day for aviation and specially the UK family.

Anthony Supplebottom
16th Jan 2013, 19:05
Helistudent, if you're thinking of the movies and times from the last war then this would have happened back at the Officer's Mess or additional locations about the airfield.

These days it still happens at the pilot's home base so there may for example be a few who would have met up at one of the locals after work today around Redhill.

The rest of us, as Modtro mentioned, will raise a glass in our own way in memory to a fallen comrade, friend or fellow professional.