PDA

View Full Version : Air Cadet Experience

RobRocks
16th Jan 2013, 16:06
Hi Guys,

Long term lurker first time poster here, this may have been asked before however I couldn't find anything useful through the search function.

I have recently started my PPL and am a few lessons in however last night I found my log book from my time in the air cadets in it are signed logs for about 3 hours of flying experience.

My question is whether I can credit these hours to my PPL ? these logs are from 2007 so i suspect it may not count, but if it wasn't for these hours i certainly wouldn't be powering through the lesson/studying as I am doing.

What do you reckon ?.

P.S. I would normally ask my instructor but I keep forgetting to get his mobile number so thought I'd ask here before i see him on Saturday, Weather permitting :).

AutoBit
16th Jan 2013, 17:03
Rob,

My gut feeling is no you can't. You are simply a passenger on a AEF, not a PU/T. Likewise you don't necessarily fly with a QFI and as such cant claim that there was any formal flying instruction.

'Chuffer' Dandridge
16th Jan 2013, 18:15
Forget it. I tried the same thing in the early 80s and was told in no uncertain terms by the feds that the pilot I flew with at the AEF might not have been an instructor. If I could have shown a civvy FI rating number on the application, it might have been different.

No big deal:ok:

RobRocks
16th Jan 2013, 19:06
Ahh not to worry then I was hoping to save a few hundred quid but as many people have told me flying is a very expensive hobby !!!

Mariner9
16th Jan 2013, 19:57
You have already "saved a few hundred quid" from the free flying experience you were given.

It may not count towards the 45 hours, but on the other hand the experience gained may allow you to complete the course in the minimum time rather than requiring some extra lessons as many do.