PDA

View Full Version : Pete Barnes -Condolences Thread

fatmanmedia
16th Jan 2013, 08:57
it's a media circus out there, not nice to see, my heart felt condolences to the families of the crew and pax.

fats

Stud1
16th Jan 2013, 11:07
A sad day in aviation...thoughts, deepest sympathy extended to the family and friends of all those involved in this tragedy.
RiP old chum...

toptobottom
16th Jan 2013, 11:15
Rest in Peace PB. Condolences to his family - an awful tragedy.

AnFI
16th Jan 2013, 11:27
One of THE most respected pilots around, and a "Top Bloke" - we are all very sad about this.
The helicopter fraternity must stick together and feel this together.

Tequilaboy
16th Jan 2013, 11:43
My god if true that really is terrible.

Gutted as worked a few times with him and one of the nicest guys you would ever, ever want to work with.

Something went terribly wrong if that is the case as as consummate professional there is.

Harry O
16th Jan 2013, 11:50
Very sad news, PB was a true gent and the finest pilot I've met.

G-OAT
16th Jan 2013, 11:52
My heart goes out to his family.... The industry has lost one of the good guys today, I truly looked up to this guy he was an inspiration in the helicopter industry.... very very sad news. RIP

pdoyle
16th Jan 2013, 13:06
Absolutely saddened beyond words
A good friend a character and an excellent pilot

God bless you Peter you will be missed by all who had the privilege to know you

Bob the Doc
16th Jan 2013, 13:25
RIP Captain Pete. You were the best pilot I ever had the privilege to be flown by on an air ambulance.

turbinetaxi
16th Jan 2013, 13:29
Telegraph have released Pete Barnes as Pilot Killed didn't know him but know how well respected he was RIP Pete and condolences to family and friends

longbox
16th Jan 2013, 13:47
Very sad day for the industry today, thoughts with the families involved.

generalspecific
16th Jan 2013, 13:48
I am not usually a poster on these types of threads but I am deeply upset and saddened by this. I was priveledged to be taught by him and count him and the family as a friend. He was an outstanding pilot and individual and the world is a poorer place without him.

Greatly saddened

Bravo 99
16th Jan 2013, 13:59
RIP Pete
All of use out here,s thoughts are with the family at this time
deeply saddened
B99

Thomas coupling
16th Jan 2013, 14:44
Such an unforgiving profession. RIP: Peter.

Agusta
16th Jan 2013, 14:49
Pete was a lovely chap, he will be missed. R.I.P Peter old Friend

10W
16th Jan 2013, 14:54
Please use this thread to record any condolences or tributes to Pete Barnes who lost his life in the Vauxhall Agusta A109 helicopter accident.

RIP to a fellow aviator.

Savoia
16th Jan 2013, 15:00
A deeply sad day for rotary-wing aviation in Britain.

My sincere condolences to Peter's family and friends.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MVzWopBX_gs/UPcPxVTuJcI/AAAAAAAALes/6TjKVlvcgns/s454/PB.png

tjef2808
16th Jan 2013, 15:02
I knew Pete of old from my helicopter days with Aeromega and only recently re-connected with him through Linkedin.

He was a sort of the earth and generally good egg and one of the most experienced commercial helicopter pilots in the business right now.

Condolences to his family and he will be sadly missed as a professional and a friend who liked a good chinwag.

Thomas coupling
16th Jan 2013, 15:06
A most unforgiving profession. RIP: Peter.

FRED WHELAN
16th Jan 2013, 15:09
On behalf of all the emergency responders to this accident, RIP

Alloa Akbar
16th Jan 2013, 15:12
Met Peter several years ago, very nice bloke.

Thoughts with friends and family. RIP

all_mod_cons
16th Jan 2013, 15:12
Very sad

Sincere condolences

Jon M

500 Fan
16th Jan 2013, 15:13
Condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Mr. Barnes and also to those of the other person who lost their life today.

500 Fan.

Helinut
16th Jan 2013, 15:15
RIP Barnesy.

Aviators76
16th Jan 2013, 15:16
RIP Pete. You were always a true gent and it was always a pleasure flying with you. You'll be missed by all who knew you.

My condolences to all affected.

puntosaurus
16th Jan 2013, 15:16
Rocked to the core by this news. Pete was quite simply the consummate professional pilot, always way ahead of the machine. I can't believe he's gone. Deepest sympathy to his family.

1under2over
16th Jan 2013, 15:17
I never met Peter but in this small world of ours he was a name I heard often. Sincerest condolences to family and friends of Peter. Thoughts and best wishes to all those involved in this tragic incident.

generalspecific
16th Jan 2013, 15:21
I crossed the channel in a 206 where I took him as a safety pilot as I had my wife and my daughter and I wanted some professional backup. Half way over the channel it turned out we lived almost next to each other in a tiny village in France. Then at max gross he carefully and gently helped me get out of Issy le Mol without overtorquing anything only to get a call from ATC to tell me that my daughter had left her laptop in the terminal and we had to return for another go half a pound lighter. I could have cried at having to do the whole thing again and he didn't even bat an eyelid.

I am honoured to say that he and his family became friends. He was the standard to which I foolishly aimed at, with no hope of success. He was a genteman, an outstanding aviator, a father and partner to B...

I miss him, I am in shock and it pains me that our cruel defiance of gravity has claimed someone so simply outstanding.

In the unlikely event that you read this B... you know who I am and we are here for whatever you need..

Agusta
16th Jan 2013, 15:22
Pete (Uncle Pete as I called him) was a lovely chap, first met him at Sloanes; he will be missed by so many.

R.I.P Peter old Friend

old-timer
16th Jan 2013, 15:33
Deepest respects to family, friends & colleagues.
Very sad & difficult time for all.

madflyer26
16th Jan 2013, 15:34
I didn't know Mr Barnes but saddened by his passing all the same.
R.I.P sir and condolences to friends and family.
Regards
MF26

helispeediii
16th Jan 2013, 15:35
god bless you pete [capt large] we will all miss you mate helispeediii

Flying Mechanic
16th Jan 2013, 15:38
Such sad news, RIP Pete.

jemax
16th Jan 2013, 15:43
Great pilot, great company, great shame

RIP

SECRET SERVICE
16th Jan 2013, 15:50
I first met Pete 9 years ago when I learnt to fly helicopters at Redhill Aerodrome and remained friends ever since.

I still can't quite believe the events that have taken place today and I send my thoughts and condolences to his family and colleagues at Rotormotion.

The world has lost a true gentleman! You will be missed, good bye my friend!

toptobottom
16th Jan 2013, 15:51
I've been in the saddle for most of today with the horror of that accident always on my mind. Still got a lump in my throat. Outstanding pilot and personality - never took himself too seriously but always took his flying very seriously.

RIP Pete. My deepest condolences to your family.

flyingjonn
16th Jan 2013, 15:59
Pete struck me as completely competent and ultimately in control. He would have been the last person I would have considered a high risk - and he was very happy to tell me that no-one had more 109 capability than him - but without any hint of hubris.

I'm genuinely shocked and deeply saddened at this news. Condolences to his family.

RIP.

Big-Windy
16th Jan 2013, 16:17
Rest in peace Pete.

Always a joy to chat with, a thoroughly nice guy.

BW

crewman 355
16th Jan 2013, 16:32
Had the pleasure of flying with Pete on a few ocasions , what a wonderfull guy . Truely a gentleman and a superb pilot , never bad mouthed anyone and always had time for a chat . Still cant believe the news ....... RIP Pete .

wizdimic
16th Jan 2013, 16:34
So sad to learn of this accident. Please pass on my condolences to the family. RIP

Satcop
16th Jan 2013, 16:36
Another character gone.

An absolute professional who never took himself too seriously. I'll miss his cheery voice on the RT and helicopter special events, especially Royal Ascot, will not be the same with out him.

Thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues.

R.I.P Barnesy.

LookingUpInHope
16th Jan 2013, 16:46
RIP Pete, you were one of the best. The world is a poorer place for your lack.

Condolences to family and friends.

Bravo 99
16th Jan 2013, 16:50
RIP Pete
our condolences to the family
Very sad day
AJB

Qualityman
16th Jan 2013, 16:52
Condolences to the families of all involved in this tragedy.

R.I.P. Barnsey - A true Gent and thorough professional.

hueyracer
16th Jan 2013, 16:54
My condolences to his family....

R.I.P.....fly safe-wherever you are right now.....

Flaxton Flyer
16th Jan 2013, 16:56
Condolences to Pete's family and many friends from all who knew him at Yorkshire Air Ambulance. He was a true one-off and our "family" will be a duller place without him. R.I.P. Pete.

Tequilaboy
16th Jan 2013, 17:02
.. of one of the better aviators in this industry and world.

That said not as much of a loss to his family and close friends whom my thoughts are with.

Rest easy, your earned some more wings today, sadly before your time.

theavionicsbloke
16th Jan 2013, 17:06
I have know and worked with Peter on and off over the last 15 years. A true professional we we all miss. I guess the big guy decided your time was up today. I am sure our paths will cross sometime again when he decides it's our turn.

Until then my friend .....

Exo.
16th Jan 2013, 17:16
Sincere condolences to a fantastic man, and an excellent pilot. The accolades proffered by colleagues say it all about his personality, attitude and skill.

The community is a poorer place for our loss.

Giles.

Vidal 423
16th Jan 2013, 17:28
Pete was a great guy and just what I needed for the transition from to green to the outside.

He was never too busy to assist me, a great friend and a better aviator.

My condolences to your family mate.

Torque Limiter
16th Jan 2013, 17:41
One of the nicest and most professional heli pilots that it has been my privilege to meet, Pete will be sorely missed. My sincere condolences to his lovely family.

robschopper
16th Jan 2013, 17:43
Had the pleasure of working with Pete on several occasions a few years back. Everything you'd expect in a heli pilot, and a thoroughly nice bloke.

Condolences to Pete's family . RIP sir.

Sir Niall Dementia
16th Jan 2013, 17:52
Farewell to one of the noisiest and most decent people I have ever known.
From sitting in my old office selling each other air strikes on the CAA, to sitting on Med beaches drinking gallons of beer you made me laugh always.
Our annual first meet up of the year at Cheltenham was always a good reason to go and freeze at that event, meeting in wet fields in the West Country always made the waiting fun, and middle of the night chats on London Info when everyone else bar the controller were long in bed made staying awake easy.

Our favourite restaurant near Issy will be a very empty place in future, and your joy and amazement at becoming a familly man, adoration of B and the kids were completely obvious, as was your care for other people.

Off for a LARGE red right now. Good Bye Pete

its TC
16th Jan 2013, 18:17
I've re-joined this site today as I couldn't let such a sad and wide reaching tragedy like this slip away.
I knew Pete and though I never flew with him I enjoyed a drink with him on a couple of occassions.
Everything that needed to be said about Barnsey's professionalism, competence, love of his family, raconteur and almost iconic status within the industry has been thoughtfully posted on this thread.
It shocks, saddens and leaves a big hole as well as many question marks about why and if only..........

If I was half the pilot that you were.........

Rest in Peace

Seniorsup
16th Jan 2013, 18:39
What a sad day RIP Pete Barnes.

A true gent who always had a cheery word when he visited the Tower at Denham regardless of the time of day.

I only knew him through working in the Tower but he was a great chap and will be sorely missed.

PARA.5
16th Jan 2013, 18:49
RIP Captain Barnes was a pleasure to work with you. God bless your wife and children.

rotorspeed
16th Jan 2013, 19:04
Stunned at your loss Pete. Is a privilege to have been able to count you as a friend, a saviour, an outstanding pilot, a great flying teacher and one of the best blokes anyone could wish to spend an evening with.

So many have benefited from your flying skills - and indeed simply to have known you. Your name deserves to go on, synonymous with huge achievement in the world of helicopter flying. RIP

Flying Lawyer
16th Jan 2013, 19:18
Very sad news.

Pete's life revolved around two things: flying and family.

As others have said, he was a very experienced pilot. I flew with him on several occasions and always found him to be skilful and professional. Throughout the many years I knew him he was one of the busiest freelance pilots in the UK, not least because of repeat business from a long list of satisfied customers.

He was a family man, devoted to his wife and two young children. Always enjoyable fun company, with friends and at home, Barnesy was one of life's gentlemen and one of the kindest people I've known.

Bap70
16th Jan 2013, 19:26
Just reading through the previous posts speaks volumes of how well thought of and respected you were. It's been an absolute pleasure & privilege flying with you Pete. You will be sorely missed.

slater76
16th Jan 2013, 19:46
An honour to fly with you,

RIP Barnesy

Pink Panther
16th Jan 2013, 20:26
Sad, sad news indeed. Condolences to his family. RIP Capt Barnes.

YOP
16th Jan 2013, 20:30
RIP Barnesy. Each time we met you were invariably smiling and cheerful. Your shoes were far too big for me to fill, up here in the North East although I've tried for 15 years. There are many pilots flying in our industry today who are there because having met you they wanted to be like you. The helicopter world is a much poorer place without you.

Pull what
16th Jan 2013, 20:33
How lovely that so many has taken the trouble to pay respects to this professional pilot, sounds like he was very well loved and respected. Thoughts go out to his family and friends

JerryG
16th Jan 2013, 20:38
Sh*t. Another old mate gone. Just woken up in Australia to this awful news and listlessly wondering why this has to happen to some of the very best aviators I've known. One thinks of Colin Bates, John Sefton, Dave Roue and Spotty Mulhern for starters, and I'm then reflecting on how Barnesy was right up there with the very best of them.

Cheeky, full of enthusiasm for all aspects of life, and hysterically funny. As all the guys who came with us to Athens will attest he was always the antidote to a hard day at the "office". You could guarantee that he'd be the first one to don the Speedos and grab the best lounger in order to win the bronzing trophy hands down. By the time the rest of us had ambled down to the pool Pete would already have half a dozen aviators with tears of mirth rolling down their faces at some half-likely story about the tribulations of the day's flying. They were certain to be holding a beer that Pete had summoned.

Thanks Pete, for your professionalism, your company, your love of life, and your fun. We will all miss you terribly. Our hearts go out to B.. and to the family.

Much love JG, SL and T

Savoia
16th Jan 2013, 20:49
Colin 'Master' Bates (ex-Hanson) and 'Spotty' Mulhern (ex-Ferranti) .. sorely missed.

From one thing to another, thinking about Peter's family .. is there a group of 'helicopter widows' in the UK that could be of some comfort to Peter's wife in the weeks ahead?

It may sound odd but after the initial response from family and friends she and the children will have to 're-build' their lives and this is where those who have been through something similar can very often provide some oft needed practical advice and support.

If there are any 'helicopter widows' reading this perhaps you may have some thoughts.

My sincere apologies if this query is in any way inappropriate.

heliski22
16th Jan 2013, 20:59
RIP Pete

H22

ShyTorque
16th Jan 2013, 21:19
As a fellow rotary winged aviator, my sincere condolences to PB's family.

Speed of Sound
16th Jan 2013, 21:22
I never knew you Pete but as someone who has raised a lot of money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance I'd like to add my condolences to this thread.

A lot of people have a lot to thank you for fella. :D

RIP

Talkdownman
16th Jan 2013, 22:08
We spoke countless times on Thames and 'Special' over the years. I eventually enjoyed the honour and privilege to meet Barnesy (in the Wellington Arms) and spent some memorable and hilarious time with him and other close-knit professionals who are London's regular hell-pilots. An uplifting gentleman of great character. My heartfelt condolences to his family, JJ and the team at LW, and his friends and colleagues (especially Gazza).

RIP Barnesy. You made working the heliroutes great fun.

HowlingMad Murdock
16th Jan 2013, 22:52
My sincere condolences to Mr Barne's family, friends and colleagues at Rotormotion.

Huskie
16th Jan 2013, 22:55
I'm one of many people to have been inspired by Pete. His enthusiasm and energy was extraordinary. He loved life and he loved everybody, he will be truly missed.

helisdw
16th Jan 2013, 23:43
Sincere condolences to Pete's family and colleagues.

Although I hadn't seen him for a few years, we kept in touch by e-mail and I always enjoyed hearing about the diverse array of flying he undertook.

Hugely encouraging and great company to keep - he was a fine man and exemplary aviator.

Simon

Paracab
17th Jan 2013, 00:25
It sounds like a really good chap has been lost - I'm so sorry for those of you affected, directly or otherwise. From someone who has spent 15 odd years working with Helimed crews, whether on the ground or on several occasions, in the air with them.

As others have said, so rewarding but so bloody unforgiving too. Raising a glass.

rotorfan
17th Jan 2013, 06:21
Reading through all the posts above, I am saddened that I never had the privilege of meeting Mr. Barnes. Surely this was an exceptional man, and my condolences to those who were fortunate to be his friends.

cyclic35
17th Jan 2013, 10:43
Deepest respects to a pilot with exceptional skills.

KNIEVEL77
17th Jan 2013, 10:47
Just wanted to add my condolences.
A moving tribute from Alan Robson of Metro Radio in Newcastle where he worked as a pilot on their Traffic and Travel team was aired on BBC 5 Live last night too.

Helizoom1
17th Jan 2013, 12:33
Only met Cpt. Barnesy a few times. He was a great professional pilot at work and a good laugh out of work.

I've only ever heard positive things about Barnesy from other pilots throughout the years i've been flying.

You will be greatly missed.

Condolences to his family, RIP Capt Barnes

Grenville Fortescue
17th Jan 2013, 13:42
‘I have flown with "Barnsy" many times over many years both in the UK and across the continent. I have never experienced a more conscientious, skilled and professional pilot.

Like so many of us drawn to these versatile aircraft he was a real character. We had wonderful times enjoying the freedom of flight but Pete was always mindful of safety and responsibility to others.

My heart goes out to his family and all of those affected by this tragic accident.

When the investigations are complete I am sure it will be found to have been just that - a tragic accident. We should all be proud of the safety of flight in the UK and particularly in the crowded skies over London. Please never forget that thanks to pilots like Pete Barnes the helicopter is still the only method of transport devised by man that has saved more lives than it has taken. Thanks for the happy times Pete, and the lives you saved when flying the Air Ambulance.’

Noel Edmonds

CareBear
17th Jan 2013, 15:10
One of the very best, both as a pilot and a man, taken from us far too soon.
My condolences to Pete's family.

ifonly
17th Jan 2013, 16:35
Had the privilege of meeting Pete on a few occasions - one of the nicest people I've ever had dealings with.
A massive loss to aviation, but an immeasurable loss to his family and friends.

R.I.P.

XTEC
17th Jan 2013, 20:24
I seldom post on PPRuNe. Last night, reading the condolences, I was close to tears. Regrettably, I did not have the opportunity to meet Pete Barnes. Forgive me, the following verse has been posted before on PPRuNe, it touched me then, as it does now

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings.
Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hovering there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air,
Up, up the long delirious burning blue.
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark or even eagle flew;
And while with silent uplifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

A week on, at 0800 on Wednesday, I shall hold my own 2 minute silence for both Peter and the gentleman who died at the scene. Our thoughts go out to all affected by this tragic accident.

XTEC

BLEED-AIR
17th Jan 2013, 22:16
I was introduced to "Barnesy" through the late Phil Ward back in April 1994, remember the days flying around in G-AVSZ the old Agusta-Bell 206II which I collected from Yorkshire after repaint in Metro colours for the traffic contract on the 3/5/1994. Pete was a natural broadcaster, outstanding friend and pilot. At least Pete you will be in great company as on the same day my old friend Captain Graham Snook (The Baron ) lost his fight to retain life and passed away after a short illness at 0205 hrs another great loss to aviation.

10W
18th Jan 2013, 11:25
I noted the Mode S on a helicopter operating around the Newcastle area today had the callsign ''RIP SAW01'' entered. I assume that's a tribute from someone to Pete Barnes reflecting his time operating in the area. Nice gesture if it was.

cherrypicker
18th Jan 2013, 19:28
RIP Peter. What a great guy who will be sadly missed by all who had the pleasure to know him. Condolences to his family from all at the Great North Air Ambulance Service.

Flying Lawyer
18th Jan 2013, 20:25
If anyone who knew Pete would like to send condolences to his wife send me a PM and I'll give you the address.

NB: This is intended only for those who knew him.

Whirlygig
18th Jan 2013, 21:12
A sad loss and I'd like to express my sincerest symapthies to his wife and children.

A nice tribute in the local paper

Newbury Weekly News (http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/digitaledition/NWN/)

Whirls

Flying Lawyer
8th Feb 2013, 23:43

Reading Minster was packed to capacity today when more than 800 of Pete's family, friends and fellow pilots gathered to pay their respects and celebrate his life.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/08/article-0-176F18C8000005DC-634_634x734.jpg

Pete's coffin was carried into the church by fellow pilots Paul Barham, Gary Butcher, David Lomas, Shaun Tinckler-Rose, Quentin Smith and Eric Swaffer.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/08/article-0-176F187D000005DC-626_634x418.jpg

Note the waistcoats. Pete was famous for his brocade waistcoats at Ascot and other occasions, and many of the scores of helicopter pilots who attended wore them in tribute to him.

The eulogies were a perfect balance of moving tributes and funny stories from Pete's life, by his brother Chris, Amer Nimr (an Oakham school friend) and pilot Patrick Margetson-Rushmoor.

The hymns were a mixture of traditional and modern: Jerusalem, One More Step Along the World I Go [chosen by Pete's children Alexandra (12) and Freddy (8)], Lord of the Dance and, after a rousing Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer, Pete's coffin was carried from the church by his skiiing friends, to the sound of I Wan'na Be Like You from Jungle Book.

Before the family left for a private service at the crematorium, we stood in the churchyard as an Agusta 109 flown by Captain Leon Smith performed a fly-past over the church.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/08/article-2275770-176F6802000005DC-172_306x510.jpg ...........http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/08/article-2275770-176F9D24000005DC-332_306x423.jpg
Pete's partner Rebecca (Bex), brother and mother

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/sbres/778.$plit/C_67_article_2128698_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

A very sad occasion, but interspersed with laughter.
Barnesy would have approved.
It was impossible to be in his company without laughing - and anecdotes about him made us laugh to the very end.

I shall always remember not only the enormous number of people who attended the funeral but the very obvious affection for Pete throughout the day, both during the service and and at the reception later.

He was a good man.

hihover
9th Feb 2013, 04:10
Thanks for the update FL. You are quite correct, he was a good man.

Tam

helispeediii
9th Feb 2013, 10:56
What a send off, God bless you Pete [Capt Large]

If anyone is interested. I have some heli stickers not 109 but jetbox, some large and some smaller, to stick on you car, windows/walls etc.

If you send me a cheque for min of tenner + an A4 sae envelope with the cheque made out to pete's air ambulance charity, see how much dosh we can raise. I can get more printed if required.

Post to Chris Stepto, PO 355, Hassocks BN6 9GR.
I'll keep you all posted on Pprune.

God bless you Pete
Helispeed iii

PS Can someone post here which air ambulance Pete supported.
Thanks. PPS see [FL ]below take your pick which one to make you cheque to thanks F L sorry we missed each other cs

Flying Lawyer
9th Feb 2013, 13:00
The family have chosen two charities:

http://www.memorygiving.com/public/images/charities/6_cropped.jpg
Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance

http://www.memorygiving.com/public/images/charities/359_cropped.jpg
Derbyshire, Leicestershire
& Rutland Air Ambulance

This link takes you to another page where you can choose which charity you would like to support and leave a message: In memory of Pete Barnes (http://www.memorygiving.com/peterbarnes)

---------------

Chris

Good idea. :ok:
Sorry we didn't get the opportunity to speak.
There were so many people that I didn't manage to find some I knew were there - somewhere.

Tudor

Heliport
10th Feb 2013, 21:30
http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/160034/article_1f30eb2447a24a89_1360342942_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/09/article-2275770-176F451E000005DC-302_306x551.jpg
Freddy Barnes, 8.

Link to BBC report with television footage (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21378802)

Press Association video (http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/helicopter-tribute-to-crash-pilot/2i20if6i?cpkey=8c06927a-5143-40b0-ab5b-56d6cf0a6fb3%7c%7c%7c%7c&sf=Relevancy#1)