PDA

View Full Version : Current medical required for SEP revalidation?

Trolle
15th Jan 2013, 10:10
My SEP runs out in about 4 months.

I will either revalidate(or renew...can't ever remember the proper term) with either the 12 hours or the 1 hour test.

Do I need a current medical for this?

BigGrecian
15th Jan 2013, 12:31
If you do a proficiency check or renewal - yes you will need a medical.

If it is by experience - no.

However you obviously can't exercise the privilages until the medical is current again.

Trolle
15th Jan 2013, 12:51
Thanks. That is what I feared...time is short.

However you obviously can't exercise the privilages until the medical is current again.

Brings up an interesting conflict. A previous thread I started asked if I could use hours as an FAA CFI on N-registered planes, in the US, to count as hours for experience for my JAA SEP revalidation.

So, if I have a current FAA medical and renew in the US...then technically I wouldn't need a current JAA medical. Of course, this is a complex web of interacting rules...fun.

Dave Gittins
15th Jan 2013, 13:04
Why is it so hard to get a class 2 medical ?

Until the JAR PPL expires (if that is what you have) you can use a medical declaration provided you don't exceeed the privileges of an NPPL.

Trolle
15th Jan 2013, 14:08
Until the JAR PPL expires (if that is what you have) you can use a medical declaration provided you don't exceeed the privileges of an NPPL.

I have a JAR CPL and was informed by the CAA that I need a current Class I medical to do the revalidation flight.