PDA

View Full Version : Low Flying Cronulla

Capt Fathom
15th Jan 2013, 09:40
Oh dear!!

What happened to the low flying at Cronulla thread?

RenegadeMan
15th Jan 2013, 10:15
Was it the one about the C152 flying (supposedly) at 50 feet down Cronulla beach today (15/1/13)? Seems to have disappeared into the blue yonder just like whoever it was piloting that aircraft today is no doubt keenly trying to do....

adsyj
15th Jan 2013, 10:19
Must of been one of the mods

VH-XXX
15th Jan 2013, 10:20
I asked the mods but haven't heard back yet.

There's only two ways it can disappear.

1. The original poster deleted it
2. The mods deleted it for whatever reason

Maybe someone posted something we didn't get to see or maybe the poster got cold feet about 50 feet... Either way it was somewhat educational and a good lesson that if you do something fairly dumb, chances are someone might see you.

Clearedtoreenter
15th Jan 2013, 10:22
Must have been pretty low for that to happen ;)

RenegadeMan
15th Jan 2013, 11:04
Was just playing back some of today's aircraft activity on Webtrak on Airservices' site. Interestingly there's an unidentified aircraft coming down Victor1 showing an altitude of 403.5 feet. It appears to emanate at Maroubra at time 2:18:56 heading south then it and all the other aircraft suddenly disappear at 2:20:00 (like the feed into the recording system dropped off momentarily) and then start re-appearing gradually at 2:20:53. This same unidentified aircraft never reappears. Could this be the mystery machine in question on it's way to Cronulla and to a lower level than the 403.5 feet being initially reported?

RenegadeMan
15th Jan 2013, 11:47
Horatio, not sure what happened to your post about QNH? Anyhow, checking the Sydney ATIS Tw_tter feed it was 1016 around 2:30pm, the time of the tracking event I'm mentioning above (of which I have no idea if this is when the aircraft mentioned in the original thread on this subject was seen).

CPT733
15th Jan 2013, 14:43
Whilst flying back towards 2RN from a flight in BK training area had SYD CEN warn a Citation of a unidentified Aircraft 5m North/West of 2RN at 1,100ft, which no other aircraft (3 total) could visually locate including myself nor was their a response from a aircraft that would have fit that location and height by the time i switched frequencies to bk (good 5-7 min from first announcement) their was no sighting nor response to it.

I Know its kinda off topic to Cronulla sighting but strange

tail wheel
15th Jan 2013, 18:33
Must of been one of the mods

A totally erroneous assumption. :=

The thread was deleted by the thread starter.

Thread deleted by QCPog

Threads are often deleted by thread starters due to abusive, irrelevent or just plain dumb responses.

If you have a question of the Mods, send a PM or email. Do not start a new thread........ :mad: