PDA

View Full Version : RT License

m4rrk0121
14th Jan 2013, 18:45
Hi,

I'm getting back into PPL training after 3.5 years. I almost finished but then my airport closed!

Anyway as regards the RT exam, I passed but didn't apply for a license - would my old one still be valid or do I need to do another test (notwithstanding the fact I should probably do one anyway)

Many thanks

Whopity
14th Jan 2013, 22:32
CAP 804 Section 6Validity of examinations and tests – The PPL Communications examination is valid for
issue of the FRTOL for a period of 24 months from the date of passing the
examination.
A pass in the practical RTF Communications test is valid for the grant of the FRTOL
for 12 months.
If any validity period is exceeded the examination or test as applicable must be passed
again before the FRTOL is issued. A pass in the HF written examination is valid for 24
months for the removal of the VHF only limitation.
Where the RTF Communications test is taken together with the theoretical
knowledge examinations for the issue of a PPL, LAPL or NPPL and all examinations
are passed within an 18 month period and application for the FRTOL is made as part
of the pilot licence application. The RTF examination will be valid for 24 months
following the final theoretical knowledge examination.

FlyingKiwi_73
14th Jan 2013, 23:23
That sucks in NZ i think its 3 years (CPL) and 5 for PPL Mind you a few with current FRTO licenses should probably go back to school...

oscarzulu
15th Jan 2013, 05:38
Sorry to hear about your predicament, I'm afriad Whopity is right, you have to re-sit the exam. I might be able to help here, I'm a CAA R/T examiner and I work (my day-job) out of Farnborough, I notice you're not far away. If you fancied we could meet up there one day soon and zip through it without making too big a song and dance over it.
Drop me a line here if thats of any help.
OZ