PDA

View Full Version : Airfast Indonesia

tolakuma manki
2nd Mar 2012, 02:05
Does anyone know of the modern Airfast Indonesia, any relative of Airfast from the 70s?
Mangi Mosbi Nau

Pendulum Artist
14th Jan 2013, 13:45
Good day,
i'm curently looking forward any constructive info about the company as i just applied for a job from canada.

Is there anyone here that have worked for them ?

Life style in indonesia, pay, type of flying, training, management, safety, rotation,tour , foreing license, maintenance ect. ??

Thx in advance . :)

spinwing
14th Jan 2013, 15:13
Mmmm ....

Never worked for them myself .... but nearly went to work for them 20 odd years ago ...

They have been around a LOOOOOOONG time no bad issues to report from me .. Indonesians have had their own Aviation Industry since the early 1930's ... I have worked with some excellent Indonesian Pilots and Engineers I certainly would have no issues about working there ...

BUT you take your standards with you and its up to you to make your own assessments .... just like everything else in life??

Enjoy Indonesia ... good luck :ok:

170'
14th Jan 2013, 18:00
Excellent guys to work for, very professional operation for the region and better than many in the US. Stay away from internal politics and you'll be very happy. Working in Papua is same same PNG so expect an 'education' if you've never worked in the region. 8/10 in general. 9/10 for the region.

Pay on time, every time!

best regards...170'

gulliBell
14th Jan 2013, 18:17
Working in Papua is same same PNG....Pay on time, every time!

Sorry, but I had to laugh when I put these two sentences together...good luck to you if they pay on time, every time, it certainly doesn't happen that way in PNG some of the time....

p.s. I would have thought Canada is a long haul to Indonesia just to earn $400/day or whatever the going rate is in that neck of the woods?

piggybank
14th Jan 2013, 20:09
I asked for a maintenance job with Airfast Indonesia a few years back and the pay was nothing like US400 a day. Not even a quarter of that and only six months work offered.

Ref GulliBell's remark. More than a few people are asking what is attractive about work in Papua for Canadians when we can assume the T&Cs are better in Canada.

170'
15th Jan 2013, 06:25
I could have worded it differently gB, but you got the inference anyway :cool: