PDA

View Full Version : QR DEC Wide Body

Mr.White
14th Jan 2013, 00:51
Hi

Since EK DEC on line application is closed, Im thinking to apply for the QR DEC Wide Body position, but before apply I woul like to update some info because there is not benefits info on the QR web page.

I would really appreciate if someone from the sand pit can give me some answers, tks in advance.

1.- Salary of 777 Capt ( Us Dollar, money pocket)
2.- Housing
3.- schoolarship, how it works? How many kids? Do you have to put extra money from your pocket ?
4.- Days off on a months
5.- Max flight time betwen 2 pilots
6.- Quality of hotels
7.- How many flight hours on a month?
8.- What to do in Doha with family and 3 kids
9.- Any chance to get a maid? How much?
10.- life insurance
11.- Health insurance
12.- Lost of license insurance

Please, feel free to add any important info nice to know

Best Regards,

Obbie
14th Jan 2013, 04:10
It's all been covered already.
Do a little searching.

Chuck Noris
14th Jan 2013, 09:20
Big difference between beyblade and JAARule

ArkPilot
14th Jan 2013, 09:43
Go with beyblade!:sad:

Non rev
14th Jan 2013, 13:05
Just don't get caught screwing your maid.

salamalikum2
14th Jan 2013, 14:25
JAArule ..as far as I known we don't have life insurance here.

The lost of Licence insurance IMHO is useless as it includes tons of exclusions...in other words the day we will need it..just forget about it.

Avid Aviator
14th Jan 2013, 16:50
Yes and no.

I think you'll find one has quoted base salary, the other salary plus accommodation plus utility allowance. Fair enough, as you can take the accomm allow as cash. But misleading if you think you get $US12,000 per month (base) PLUS free accommodation!

The other figures seem accurate to me.

I'd suggest, in the strongest possible terms, a visit to Doha with your loved ones before you sign up to anything there!!

StinkyMonkey
15th Jan 2013, 17:17
They appear to be at a new level of desperation to recruit Captains.
I was contacted via linkedin and asked if I was interested, and the same goes for most of my colleagues.

I have heard of recruitment agencies doing so, but not direct from the airline.

The only way I would consider the offer would be if they gave me a base outside the Middle East, but I know that is not going to happen, so...

SM

Ramboflyer 1
16th Jan 2013, 11:44
Why not get a reputable recruitment company to get a list of crew names for overseas basings together and at least offer it to Qatar. It would solve their crewing difficulties indefinetly.

salamalikum2
16th Jan 2013, 15:55
I do agree..same for commuting contacts,which I'm sure will attract a lot of people as well,especially the one with family abroad...
But on the other end do you really think we have "crewing difficulties" here, we do have hundreds of people in the pool waiting for a joining date..:confused:

richard III
18th Jan 2013, 01:56
I understand that there are quite a few crew that left family in Europe and they just travel back on their off days, specially on the 777 as rosters are rather stable. Any inside comments on that? Screening with two ME carriers within a month and would like to make an informed desision (DEC 777)
Thanks in advance

disagreeable
18th Jan 2013, 02:55
richard III:
I understand that there are quite a few crew that left family in Europe and they just travel back on their off days, specially on the 777 as rosters are rather stable. Any inside comments on that? Screening with two ME carriers within a month and would like to make an informed desision (DEC 777)
Thanks in advance

Informed decision would be to take the other M.E carrier over QR.

QR comes up last on the big three consistantly (EK, EY, QR).
The T7 is a more tolerable fleet to be on and you can communte home for a few days, however, consistant time changes and then going home for another time change to "rest with the family" will soon wear thin.

The benefit for the other two airlines is that the lifestyle is WAY more tolerable and with things to do that would be more of an option for your family to be with you rather than in another country.

Do a search, you will find this holds true.
Good luck.

richard III
18th Jan 2013, 03:35
Thanks mate, really appreciate the input, my problem is that one of my kids will be doing her senior year finishing september 14, so they would have to stay put until then. I am looking at a year of some type of travel arrrangement, after that they can move in.

salamalikum2
18th Jan 2013, 06:40
Richard,
T&C I think EK is the best (Bonus,pension fund..).
Although not a big fan of the " bling bling" culture of Dubai, everybody will admit that Dubai is much more organized,developed and efficient in what they do compared to Doha.:hmm:
I would put Abu Dhabi (and EY) somewhere in between.
EY has a lot of ex QR pilots.( now if they are more happy there, I don't known)
So far I haven't seen any EY pilots flying with us(QR).

richard III
20th Jan 2013, 05:05
Guys, just want you to know that I really appreciate the help, I consider all informed opinions valid, I know that for family Abu dhabi offers more options than Doha, even though I think Doha will catch up soon. That's what makes it difficult, I am very happy where we are now specially due to the schools. QR makes the travelling easier and the other carrier offers better options if you decide to bring your family. I believe that as companies and work enviroment are the same, the best option would be EK if you bring the family along, but a screening date is anyone's guess...just replied that they would get back to me in a few weeks