PDA

View Full Version : what happens to EASA if uk leaves the EEC

md 600 driver
13th Jan 2013, 21:23
hi all

what happens to EASA if uk leaves the EEC does all our uk rules ? and what will they change to old CAA, same as EASA, JAR, or even FAA

Hummingfrog
13th Jan 2013, 22:02
md 600 driver

uk leaves the EEC

Do keep up old chap - the EEC is what we voted to join - that has long gone - without a vote we are now in the EC - it's not about economics now it is all about politics. When we hopefully leave or as Mr Slippery says - renegotiate our terms then it will be back to the good old CAA:ok:

HF

Thomas coupling
13th Jan 2013, 22:03
We'll simply adopt the French model: Ignore anything that doesn't suit our needs:E.
Mind you - the CAA will have to shoulder ALL the blame then:eek:

alicopter
13th Jan 2013, 23:15
What happens when Scotland leaves the UK and joins the EU????????

jimf671
14th Jan 2013, 00:04
What happens when Scotland leaves the UK and joins the EU????????

When Scotland remains in the EU and there are over 450,000,000 people getting up tight about the prospect of having a xenophobic reactionary England in the EU, without its moderating neighbour, all the good jobs will be in Scotland.

alicopter
14th Jan 2013, 00:49
If I may, as a french residing in Uk but spending most of my time in Germany, Italy, Belgium, France and Holland, let me tell you that more and more people I talk to cannot wait for the UK to leave the EU... Would not be surprised if they get kicked out before they decide to leave....

herman the crab
14th Jan 2013, 01:38
If I may, as a french residing in Uk but spending most of my time in Germany, Italy, Belgium, France and Holland, let me tell you that more and more people I talk to cannot wait for the UK to leave the EU... Would not be surprised if they get kicked out before they decide to leave....

Cool - need a lift to the airport?

HTC

paco
14th Jan 2013, 04:32
Hopefully it will disappear smartly down the nearest plughole....:E

Phil

14th Jan 2013, 05:53
Alicopter - we won't get kicked out because it would be another sign of failure for what was, after all, an experiment. The EU can't afford for the UK to leave as it already propping up Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Greece and with the Italian economy sliding South someone has to put money in to the coffers!

The French and German governments keep on pretending it will all be all right and the EU ministers keep spending money they haven't got like water.

kwaiyai
14th Jan 2013, 06:25
I wouldnt spout that down a Brit pub Alicopter if I were you,
If Hermans busy I will give u a lift for free,,

alicopter
14th Jan 2013, 07:49
Thanks for the lift to the airport... HOW do I wish I could leave this country for good... and retire on my little farm in Normandy (surrended by my friendly British neighbours who are very near the majority in my 96 people Commune!!!) Unfortunately Mr Parkinson and my mother in law will prevent my wife and I to travel 80 miles down the road for now, so I will have to keep reading the front page of the Daily Mail and The Sun every time I visit my village shop here...

J&K
14th Jan 2013, 08:54
If the UK leaves the EU it won't make any difference to EASA. You don't need to be in the EU.

Switzerland is a member of EASA, but not EU.
Same for Norway.

UK will continue to be a member of EASA.

Hummingfrog
14th Jan 2013, 09:07
alicopter

and retire on my little farm in Normandy (surrended by my friendly British neighbours

I thought it was the French who "surrended" if the UK and our allies hadn't liberated Normandy you would have had your wish to live in the "Previous German version of the EU:eek:"

HF

alicopter
14th Jan 2013, 09:27
Oops!!! Sorry, surrounded. Excuse my english... not my mother tongue. Thanks for correcting me. What I feel I am surrending right now is a quite large sum of money to banks every time I move funds from UK where I live and the continent where I have properties and even with accounts in Euro and GBP I see all this money going FOR NOTHING...... Hence my ressentment..... Safe flying all. Al

By the way, isn't it time to let the past in the past???? Ok, life was probably more exciting Then for many but for Goodness sake, grow up. May I remember you you once paid your bills in silver Denarius (1 ox = 10 sheep = 60 Denarius) a roman money....

MartinCh
14th Jan 2013, 09:41
surrounded by Brits who surrendered to shoddy UK weather and ridiculous cost of living, higher crime rate etc on this side of Channel.

Scotland's leaving of UK is just as likely as NI's becoming part of R(eal)OI. (Southern bit of Emerald Isle) Especially with the North Sea resources.

heli1
14th Jan 2013, 11:32
Actually Alicopter was right the first time .i believe the English surrendered Normandy to the French in one of the Henry's days on the throne?

Anyway I cant believe he really is French..his humour is far too British.

Back to the thread...Coming out from EASA will cost us all a fortune with the CAA but might lighten the draconian rules and regs,saving us maintenance costs.

SASless
14th Jan 2013, 13:02
Humming....be careful about talking about the French and Surrender....as it does leave one open for a barb or two. Hong Kong, Singapore, India, , Kenya, Yorktown, all come to mind. But you did hang on to the Falklands and Northern Ireland.

Hummingfrog
14th Jan 2013, 13:54
SASLESS

And Vietnam - ooops that wasn't us:E

HF

Anthony Supplebottom
14th Jan 2013, 15:32
what happens to EASA if uk leaves the EEC

Have a bloody great p*ss up and create a civilian Air Ministry. :p

heliski22
14th Jan 2013, 18:59
Humming....be careful about talking about the French and Surrender....as it does leave one open for a barb or two. Hong Kong, Singapore, India, , Kenya, Yorktown, all come to mind. But you did hang on to the Falklands and Northern Ireland.

...loud and hearty chuckle at that! :E

SASless
14th Jan 2013, 20:53
HF....nice try but no cigar....No Surrender involved. We declared victory and went home.....something the Hessians should have done prior to Yorktown.

Thomas coupling
14th Jan 2013, 21:04
If we had left the Germans to it during the 40's, there would be no France, or Italy, or Greece, or Portugal now. I wonder if that europe would have had the same problems that this europe has got now.
Just think about it for one second. A europe without corruption. A europe where debt is a swear word. A europe where the goods you produced were sought after by everyone around the world..........

That's all Cameron is trying to do now - leaving the German's to it. :ouch:

misterbonkers
15th Jan 2013, 00:00
Technically Northern Ireland isn't in EASA.

UK CAA is now known as GB CAA and last time I checked my passport it said Great Britain AND Northern Ireland...

Thomas coupling
15th Jan 2013, 12:37
Umm?

EASA - EASA Members / Links (http://www.easa.europa.eu/links.php)

:ugh:

misterbonkers
15th Jan 2013, 14:07
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

TC check out the new examiner 2012 handbook.

When filling in paperwork and writing down your appropriate licence number, it is now to be written as (for example) GBR FE/123456/H.

'GBR' now replaces 'UK'.

We know GBR stands for Great Britain NOT the United Kingdom so EASA are incorrect in asking us to put GBR instead of UK because GBR DOES NOT include Northern Ireland...!

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Thomas coupling
15th Jan 2013, 19:23
Misterbonkers: they are still in EASA.

TeeS
15th Jan 2013, 19:33
Some of us followed your logic/humour MB :-)

15th Jan 2013, 21:30
We declared victory and went home and I'm sure generations of American schoolkids actually believe that - how can you win an unwinnable war?

Spanish Waltzer
16th Jan 2013, 06:29
Oh crab your talents have been wasted all these years....with comments like that you should have been at the Ministry when Afghanistan was being planned :ok:

misterbonkers
16th Jan 2013, 06:59
Thanks TeeS...!

It turns out the Ukraine got 'UK' first so we had to have GBR.

Brilliant Stuff
16th Jan 2013, 10:04
But my licence still says UK wouldn't I be falsifying my paperwork by randomly introducing GBR?

peterh337
16th Jan 2013, 10:41
IMHO the UK is unlikely to actually leave the EU and the most that might happen is that the relationship becomes like that of e.g. Switzerland - but who knows...

However EASA regs will carry on - as they do in Switzerland, Norway, etc. There may be interesting concessions though, in small but crucial areas. For example a friend of mine in Switzerland did his initial IR(A) about a year ago, and the examiner told him to fly an NDB approach using the GPS, saying that nobody in his right mind would fly one with an ADF. You would not get that anywhere in JAA/EU-land.

OTOH, Norway, I am told, implemented EASA FCL immediately i.e. no derogation, thus grounding all based N-regs. Well I gather, all four of them. This is hearsay however.

jimf671
16th Jan 2013, 20:19
... when Afghanistan was being planned

You mean this was planned?