PDA

View Full Version : No Experience (Jet2)

blue_ashy
12th Jan 2013, 14:33
I'm just contemplating applying for a Jet2 dispatcher position at Manchester however, despite the advert saying turnaround experience would be beneficial but it isn't essential, would this be a massive issue? I have a little supervisory experience in other jobs but they aren't involved in aviation.

I'm a bit confused in this type of work just how you can go about getting experience when there are so few jobs because this is the first i've seen at MAN or anywhere near here for a while. I've been considering going over to the states and doing the FAA license but does this constitute experience really and will it have any sort of effect except having done the job before?

Does anyone also know if Jet2 promote from within as well? Say from a customer services position to working on the ramp? They are taking on a lot of people so they must be doing well!

Cheers!

B737900er
12th Jan 2013, 15:11
Just apply for the position! Dispatching isn't exactly the hardest job in the world but it is a stressful one when pax don't turn up etc etc.

If you have dispatch experience great, if not they will still consider you if you fit their requirements.

backtrack_32
12th Jan 2013, 17:24
I hear on the grape vine that jet2 will still be using menzies dispatchers for a bit longer over the summer?

blue_ashy
12th Jan 2013, 20:35
Application sent so fingers crossed!

jet787
12th Jan 2013, 21:00
Hi blue_ashy

i am an experience dispatcher. and i still cant get in with them... jet 2 are a bit of a joke. i think there are looking for supper men to work for them..

but good luck with it...

jet787

750XL
14th Jan 2013, 13:05
The Jet2 Dispatcher position uses the UK term of 'dispatcher', turn around coordinator may better describe the job. FAA dispatch licence would have little use for this type of job.

It is possible to go 'from the outside' straight into dispatch, but it's possible, I did it :ok:

If you want any info re the job drop me a PM

RWY AHEAD
14th Jan 2013, 19:54
Jet2 have recruited from within as well as externally. A few passenger service agents have now become dispatchers, some with and some without any previous experience. Yes they are still using Menzies for the time being so you'll be working along side them while the aircraft are being turned around.

Cassidy01
16th Jan 2013, 08:42
Anyone applied this and heard back from jet 2 yet?

A_Woods
17th Jan 2013, 14:55
Applied for this and got invited to assesment next week, today. Fingers Crossed

backtrack_32
18th Jan 2013, 00:14
A Woods - how long did it take for them to get back to you?
Also, how did they contact you? email, phone etc... ?

Lord Spandex Masher
18th Jan 2013, 00:25
Hi blue_ashy

i am an experience dispatcher. and i still cant get in with them... jet 2 are a bit of a joke. i think there are looking for supper men to work for them..

but good luck with it...

jet787

Why would you want to "get in" with an airline that is a bit of a joke?

A_Woods
18th Jan 2013, 09:04
Backtrack- Got back to me within 6 days of application, they phoned me then followed it up with an email with details of the assessment day

backtrack_32
18th Jan 2013, 18:56
A Woods, Thanks for the reply!

Cassidy01
28th Jan 2013, 08:00
So how did everyone get on?

A_Woods
28th Jan 2013, 10:18
Nothing heard yet but was told we will hear either way this week

speedbird_481_papa
4th Feb 2013, 01:40
Good luck A Woods! Fingers crossed for ya! :ok:

are you working directly for Jet2 or handler?

All the best

Speedbird

A_Woods
4th Feb 2013, 08:29
speedbird_481_papa unfortunatly I've been told thanks but no thanks. The job would have been working directly for Jet2 as they have now brought MAN dispatching in house

speedbird_481_papa
4th Feb 2013, 16:22
AHH bugger! Sorry to hear that :ugh: I'm sure you have but have you heard of aviation job search?!