PDA

View Full Version : QF CS-BNE

cwc
11th Jan 2013, 09:05
So a family member was on this flight. The pilot got on and said there was some delays into Brissy. 50min holding or so. When they landed they were kept company by the firies with lights on.... then were told they had to wait on the plane whilst engineers checked something out.

Anyone know? Family member is a nervous flyer anyway so would be interested to know so they can calm down and actually get back on the return flight in a couple of days.

Angle of Attack
11th Jan 2013, 09:38
Well what date and what time did the flight leave cns? There are a few flights per day so your vague details will not gleam any facts unless you specify the flight number. I know the notam says 50mins these days but i am not aware of such a holding time in the last few weeks. Your details are vague and you wont get answers unless you at least specify the flight number and date.

cwc
11th Jan 2013, 09:46
sorry, qf655 today 11/01/13 dep 5pm cs

not looking for saucy crap, just interested to know so I can tell her so she stops worrying an engine blew up or another snake on the plane

Cargo744
11th Jan 2013, 10:16
Oh my god a plane was delayed due to holding! Call the cops please! Another useless thread.

blueloo
11th Jan 2013, 10:32
Cargo 744 - do you always have the Firies in attendance after your holding?

davidclarke
11th Jan 2013, 10:35
Cargo 744.

Did you read the first post in it's entirety??

Firies and Maint people??

Capt Fathom
11th Jan 2013, 10:43
If the pilots made no PA, then there was obviously nothing wrong. Maybe the aerobridge wasn't working correctly. Hence the delay waiting engineers!

The Firies are always cruising around the airport! If they weren't spraying water on the aeroplane, there wasn't a problem!

Mstr Caution
11th Jan 2013, 22:41
Even then........they could be spraying water for a retirement flight.

There's always the potential for that these days.

But the pax would here about that via the pa before hand.

cwc
11th Jan 2013, 22:52
Thanks for that. As I said, it was a family member who was a nervous flyer already and just wanted to be reassured.

I was merely repeating what I was told, trying to shed light for someone else as I was not on the flight...she now knows it was probably a mere coincidence the firies were there and is calmer now for the thought.

Mstr Caution
12th Jan 2013, 08:42
The Fire services guys & gals also respond to passenger medical issues.

Roger Greendeck
12th Jan 2013, 09:34
If they held for 50 min then medical emerg is unlikely but with BNE holding these days who knows?;) Most likely they did have some type of malfunction that was checked out during the taxi in. If it was a serious risk to the aircraft landing safely the pax would have been told. For less serious issues they are unlikely to have been told but the crew might still have asked for some support after landing, just to be on the safe side. Possible blown tyre for example.

This is not to hide things from people just to prevent unnecessary anxiety when there is no significant increase in the risk. In this case it would appear to have had the opposite effect. Tell them not to worry.