PDA

View Full Version : Unique Rejects

Thunderbird4
10th Jan 2013, 15:44
An American Airlines Boeing 757-200, registration N191AN performing flight AA-54 from Chicago O'Hare,IL (USA) to Manchester,EN (UK), was accelerating for takeoff from Chicago's runway 22L when the crew rejected takeoff at high speed. While turning off the runway the crew reported it appeared somebody had misplaced a bag and they needed medical assistance. The aircraft joined taxiway S and crossed runway 10 during taxi back to the gate.

The FAA reported the aircraft aborted takeoff due to an injured flight attendant.

An injured flight attendant??? WT...?

DaveReidUK
10th Jan 2013, 16:19
F/A struck by unsecured bag during RTO, perhaps ?

hetfield
10th Jan 2013, 16:44
Sorry to say, but my impression.

In the US, unnecessary T/O rejects, as well as unnecessary PAX evacs are very common, compared to the rest of the world....

MAYBE, it's part of a game by law/lawyers....

Again, I don't want to blame a single colleague, as he /she is in the hamster wheel of their company SOPs and "legal" efforts...

DingerX
10th Jan 2013, 17:47
Not to muddy the waters with crap gleaned off of the internet.
January 9, 00:13:05Z AA 54 is cleared for takeoff
00:14:48Z Hey Tower American uh 54 we need to uh abort the takeoff, turn off and head back to the gate.

No, I guess somebody has a cut in the back. So we need maybe some medical assistance at the gate.

American 54, do you need us to call the paramedics for you?
Uh negative, American 54

---
Contacting ground, they request paramedics. The details that followed were "We have a flight attendant who has um had a previous injury and uh she managed to break open the injury it was bleeding of enough significance that she felt like we needed to uh go back to the gate and uh have it taken care of. We're not sure if she's just gonna to get off the airplane or if uh she's gonna um have the paramedics treat her and then we * on with her. We're still -- that remains to be seen, but that's basically what happened."

737Jock
10th Jan 2013, 21:35
Cabin crew contact the flightcrew during the T/O roll?
Shouldn't she have been sitting before cabin secure was given?

FE Hoppy
10th Jan 2013, 21:48
tattoo or piercing would be my guess :-)

Thunderbird4
11th Jan 2013, 04:46
Exactly. I can't imagine after 80 knots (the article mentioned high speed reject) anyone answering a cabin call. And then rejecting for it.