PDA

View Full Version : 61.75 Private: SE FAA IR to ME JAR IR to ME FAA IR...?

Contacttower
9th Jan 2013, 15:59
I'm just the process of updating my FAA 61.75...

I currently have on my 61.75 Private (based on my JAR PPL) a SE FAA IR (US TEST PASSED) and my JAR MEP class rating. Since this was issued a few years ago I've subsequently got a JAR Multi IR...now I'm wondering what I need to do to get my 61.75 updated to reflect this.

Now I know normally for a change of address or addition of a rating like an MEP or something you just go through the initial process of license verification that one does when first applying for a 61.75...but to add multi IR privileges would I need to do anything in addition? Can I just add the privileges like that or is this more complicated?

This seems like a slightly odd situation which I can't find any info on...:confused:

Any thoughts?

S-Works
9th Jan 2013, 16:40
You will need to do a checkride with a DPE in an ME aircraft. Once you have a full IR on your 61.75 you can no longer do an IFP. So the only way now if for you to gain FAA ME/IR privileges by test.

Contacttower
9th Jan 2013, 17:00
Thanks for the reply bose.

I must say that does seem a bit bizarre...I mean if I was coming to the FAA without any previous FAA instrument rating they would just let me take the foreign pilot's instrument exam and that would be it right?

I was rather hoping they'd just recognise it without any further requirements because I'd already taken an FAA Instrument test and associated written exam.