PDA

View Full Version : Good places for IRI and M.E FI courses?

Say again s l o w l y
16th Apr 2002, 22:33
Does any one have any suggestions for a good place to do an IR and M.E FI courses.
Also can I do the two at the same time?? It would be nice to save some cash if possible.

Cheers.

distaff_beancounter
17th Apr 2002, 07:50
You could try Cabair College of Air Training at Cranfield, Bedfordshire.

They certainly do IRs & MEPs on GA7s, & also run FI, & FI upgrade courses, so presumably they could do the combination that you require.

See their website www.ccat.org.uk (http://www.ccat.org.uk)

Or tel: 01234 - 751243 & ask to speak to Paul Freestone

tas
17th Apr 2002, 09:34
Say again s l o w l y

Flying the shed not keeping you busy enough :D?

tas

Say again s l o w l y
17th Apr 2002, 10:15
Hiya mate.

Shed work is going fine, but when I instruct now it would be nice to get paid a bit more than a bag of peanuts for the day. So I thought I'd add as many things to my licence as poss.

What are you up to? I hear you've moved up North. Any good??

tas
17th Apr 2002, 13:01
Say again s l o w l y

Slightly enforced move up north (soon to be Mrs tas expecting a young taslette) but not having much luck finding an instructors job up here!

As far if your ME and IRI stuff goes, If Cranfield is not too much of a trek you could contact Bonus Aviation. Their CFI, Peter Godwin can do the courses you are after. I have flown with him a few times and he's a throughly nice guy. They tend to use Seminoles (or did when I was there) for most of their training.

You still instructing at E C?

tas

Say again s l o w l y
17th Apr 2002, 13:08
Blimey you work fast!! Man, you as a father!!!! Nice one.

Yeah I'm still there occasionally, though it is starting to get really boring. Same old problems every day. Any extra ratings will allow me to teach somewhere (anywhere!) else, and actually make it worthwhile.

Good luck mate. Hope to hear from you soon.

Fifi

tas
17th Apr 2002, 13:42
Fifi

Bloody scary from where I am standing! Had to leave job in Norwich to move up here! Think the flying might have to take a back seat at the moment. Any jobs going with your mob?

If you don't mind a bit of a commute, I think I could put you in touch with a flying school who might need someone.

tas

Say again s l o w l y
17th Apr 2002, 13:48
There are lots of new part-timers at the moment, but I'm not sure what the school is playing. One minute they nee more, but there aren't any students. I'm in this week and I've had 2 hours on Monday, and thats it. What a waste of my time.

As to the other school you know, e-mail me some details. Ps I see your on line currently. Go to the chat bit...