PDA

View Full Version : Hevilift 212 down in PNG

hevi214
8th Jan 2013, 02:55
Does any one know any more about Hevilift's 212 in PNG that went down, as I have a few friends in that part of the world still flying there, and was wondering if all are ok, any info would be appreciated.

Waghi Warrior
8th Jan 2013, 09:32
Not to my knowledge and I'm currently in PNG. Please don't generate any bullish!t posts as the industry in PNG doesn't need rubbish. :mad:

Anthony Supplebottom
8th Jan 2013, 09:48
Maybe you meant yesterday's Huey crash in Peru?

Seven killed in Peru helicopter crash - PanARMENIAN.Net (http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/140086/)

http://media.pn.am/media/issue/140/086/photo/140086.jpg

Senior Pilot
8th Jan 2013, 10:05
Before this goes further off the rails, there may be confusion from various reports using inaccurate file photos and incomplete stories. There is certainly no need for an abusive response to the thread originator for asking a question to which he didn't know the answer.

Unless there is a factual report in response to the OP, thread closed.

Semi Rigid
8th Jan 2013, 19:44
Whagi Warrior relax guy! hevi214 was correct - there was a Hevilift 212 that had a hard landing a couple of days ago near Tari. All on board okay.

Night Beetle
8th Jan 2013, 20:05
SR I think the moderator should feel your collar............:=

Te_Kahu
8th Jan 2013, 20:17
Night Beetle. A little harsh perhaps. That looked like a factual update to me as stipulated by our Mod.

TK

Semi Rigid
8th Jan 2013, 20:50
Night Beetle I do not understand your post. Mod asked for a factual update and I provided one. Nothing wrong with the temperature or moisture content on my collar I was just implying that Whagi Warrior doesn't have to be getting so bent out of shape so easily. Helicopters do crash in PNG in fact they pretty much have mishaps from time to time wherever they are operated a fact that I am sure you are aware of.

Waghi Warrior
8th Jan 2013, 20:58
I was wrong and I do apologise, I ask that no offence be taken.

There was indeed an unfortunate incident that occurred on Friday, and from all accounts the pilot done a very good job given the circumstances as the end result could have been a lot worse.

gulliBell
8th Jan 2013, 21:40
?...Helicopters do crash in PNG in fact they pretty much have mishaps from time to time wherever they are operated a fact that I am sure you are aware of.

True, but B212's don't crash in PNG all that often....I don't recall a B212 crashing or getting seriously bent in my 10+ years flying in PNG....that is, until now.