PDA

View Full Version : ASD 2013

Old Akro
7th Jan 2013, 10:07
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. Seriously, lets shut it and use the money to stop the cut in TAF's.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
7th Jan 2013, 10:48
YEP! Fully agree Mr 'A'.

'Opened' mine today and thought ..'now wot am I going to read whilst sitting on de 'throne'..??

The cost of the 'hard copy' must really bite into all of those Million$ they return to the Gummint A??

Another :yuk:

Jabawocky
7th Jan 2013, 11:36
Are we talking FSA?

If so I read the previous one in parts, this one I read the email then >>>DEL

:=

Capn Bloggs
7th Jan 2013, 12:45
Where's the Tablet-Friendly version gone??

At least split the thing into single portrait pages: it is now impossible to read on anything but a 21" monitor.

Old Akro
7th Jan 2013, 21:24
Flight Safety Australia, of course. Doh! I had a look at the SMS artcle and couldn't help but wonder if its timing had something to do with the Pel-Air ATSB report.

You also wonder if the article "This was then.. This is now"isn't an attempt to back up the ATSB's flawed finding the the Mojave that crashed at Bankstown could not maintain height. My 30 year old twin still hits the flight manual figures. Any properly maintained aircraft should. The article is so superficial that its misleading.

25Mb download? Really? How smart are these guys? Most of the time my laptop connects via a VPN which throttles speed. I'm never going to download it on the laptop outside work nor will I do it on the iPad. Easiest course of action is simply to ignore it.

Jabawocky
7th Jan 2013, 22:01
If the content was any good they could add a small optional fee to our medical renewal and we could subscribe to it.

Perhaps they would be better donating the budget to AOPA and submit a section each issue, a bit like the AWAL section. Economies of scale and all.

More people would be likely to read it then and the quality would have to improve.

I can't imagine advertisers will be happy with these responses.

Wally Mk2
7th Jan 2013, 22:46
I haven't read in depth the so called 'mag' for some time now.
I am sad that I no longer have a hard copy to help start my wood fire/heater with but even that was tenuous as some of the content in that load of crap wasn't even flammable enuf to sustain all the elements of the fire triangle!:-)

..........ahhh the good 'ole days, bugger all left of them now:{

Wmk2

Capn Bloggs
7th Jan 2013, 23:00
I can't imagine advertisers will be happy with these responses.
I was actually pretty annoyed that there were any ads in it at all. Given there are no hard copies to print/distribute, there are no costs (apart from labour) to offset with advertising.