PDA

View Full Version : Recommend an avionics expert for my EC-130

Nomad110
7th Jan 2013, 07:56
Hey guys,

I'm currently doing a 12 year in my EC-130 and looking to install a bran new glass cockpit. I would like to contract a company to put together the entire sollution for me. I was drawn to the 500H as part of the sollution but am open to all options. I just really want the latest and greatest and most importantly I want the most functionality. I am particularity interested in being able to transfer flight plans from fore flight wirelessly. I am located in Northern California. Who is the best?

Thanks for the tip!

terminus mos
7th Jan 2013, 10:39
to install a bran new glass cockpit. I would like to contract a company to put together the entire sollution for me.

Perhaps one with an inbuilt spell checker would be the first requirement!

paddy.pilot
7th Jan 2013, 11:03
Good work terminus mos.
I had to read that post a number of times, before I could actually comprehend what the op was trying to convey. Two lls in solution, and bran(d) really is a mind bender. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nomad your request sounds great. I'm sure someone on this site should be able to point you in the right direction.:ok:

Good luck.
Paddy

Ian Corrigible
7th Jan 2013, 11:31
Advanced Helicopter Services (http://www.advancedhelicopterservices.com/integration-a-modification-services.html) in Woodland is one option - they are an approved EC130 shop, and have a dedicated avionics installation/modification team.

I/C

puntosaurus
8th Jan 2013, 04:44
Whoever you end up with, make sure you ask loads of questions about what you're getting, and work through in step by step detail how you will fly the machine using the automatics. Take advice from someone who's used an autopilot in an IFR machine to check what you should be getting, particularly as far as vertical navigation is concerned.

I've flown one machine that Eurocopter themselves specified, using the same brief of 'make it the best and most functional' and frankly the result from an avionics/automation perspective was underwhelming.

The owner ended up using an ipad in the machine to make up for most of the display deficiencies, and living with really annoying things like the Standby mode on the stick cancelling not just the upper modes of the autopilot but the stability functions also.

I've no experience of the G500H, but it can't be worse than Sagem.