PDA

View Full Version : Help Need! Looking for FI(A) job in UK

CGaviator
3rd Jan 2013, 15:26
Dear Heads of Training,Chief Flying Instructors and fellow flying club aviators,

I am a JAA CPL(A) with Flight Instructor Rating and ATPL(A) Theory.

I have 795 hours total time with some experience in air taxi operations (C421), Parachute droping (C182 and Pilatus Porter) and Tow gliders (Rallye MS893) and qualified as FI(R) at The Pilot Centre in Denham-London, U.K.

I have long been interested in being a Flight Instructor, I would like very much to teach to fly and I´m not to much interested on time building for airliners.

I am very enthusiastic General Aviation and love the Flight School friendly atmosphere.

I am very dedicated, conscientious, hard working and want to give the best instruction to my students and also give the best service to the school.

I'm living in South East of England but I move for any part of UK, I just want to teach to fly and earn some money.

I more than happy to hear forward from you.

Any informations, sugestions or vacancies please PM.

Thanks in advance for your time.

felixflyer
4th Jan 2013, 11:43
Hi

You say you are not interested in building hours for the airlines, if that is the case have you considered converting to microlights and getting the instructors rating? Im not sure of the exact procedure but with your experience im sure it would not require much.

The reason I suggest this is because I have been told there is a shortage of microlight instructors out there. They also get paid more than group A instructors although may not fly as much due weather.

Just a suggestion, if you want to be paid to fly then it could be the way to go, for me a microlight strip in the spring/summer would seem to be a great place to work.

S-Works
4th Jan 2013, 12:06
As an FI(A) he will be able to teach on microlights following differences training as it's embedded in his rating.

RTN11
6th Jan 2013, 01:47
What an odd first post there Fifty_Seven

pipertommy
6th Jan 2013, 07:14
Speechless code ?

To answer your original question, a new club has started in Gloucester, Clifton aviation. If you search classifieds on ukga website they did have an advert.

I have no connections with this company, so not advertising only helping an out of work FI.

alexbrett
6th Jan 2013, 10:15
I know that Cambridge Aero Club (cambridgeaeroclub.co.uk (http://www.cambridgeaeroclub.co.uk/)) where I'm learning were recruiting instructors and I believe still are, so they're probably worth giving a call...

taff_lightning
6th Jan 2013, 17:32
I know that the flying club at old Sarum in wilts were looking. Not sure if they still are.

hobbit1983
7th Jan 2013, 19:31
Don't think they are, sorry.

likair
8th Jan 2013, 17:54
Hey!!

What about FI(A) Restricted jobs?
Anybody is aware of a Flight School (EASA) that is ready to employ a Restricted FI(A) Instructor?

Cheers:p