PDA

View Full Version : Proflite Bankstown

spotfx
2nd Jan 2013, 03:08
Hi All,

A happy new year to everyone.

A quick question - does anyone know what happened to Proflite flying school in Bankstown?

I've been living overseas for a number of years but was recently visiting Sydney so thought I would hire a plane from my old flight school for a scenic flight, but they appear to have gone. Just curious.

(on an unrelated note, I can't get over how much development there has been at the previously sleepy Bankstown Airport in the seven years since I was last here).

thanks

spotfx

Ultralights
2nd Jan 2013, 07:56
went bust a long time ago.. :{

c560xl
2nd Jan 2013, 20:21
Wonder where is GP.Owner and CP

spotfx
4th Jan 2013, 15:40
Thanks Ultralights. That's a shame.

BoundaryLayer
5th Jan 2013, 07:15
Yes has been a long time since GP owned it. I recall him having ongoing battles with the regulator, or rather one person there, more specifically. Eventually he sold the business to someone else.

One thing I enjoyed about the place was they weren't uptight like some of the other schools around at the time. Did my aeros there in the old Beagle :eek: with SH. Wonder what he's up to now, he was doing some bizjet stuff for a while around that time.

c560xl
6th Jan 2013, 11:51
Myself was instructing there for while. Had a good fun while working there. GP is a nice person. Wonder if he still reacing. Would love to know his whereabouts.
:D

GWYN
6th Jan 2013, 18:28
Last I heard GP had heart problems and I think he lost his medical. That must be about ten years ago though.

Avid Aviator
6th Jan 2013, 20:34
The Beagle! A lot of fun... anyone know it's fate?
EPI I think, but a long time ago, so not certain.

blacklabel
6th Jan 2013, 21:59
What's mad dog RG doing now ?